What's new

button ID

upstateny

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
upstate NY
Detector(s) used
minelab E Trac , fisher f-75 ltd, tesoro tejon,etc.
WU button with browning king and co. as maker 1860-1930's uniform button makers

guess's were western union weslyn or weslyan or washington univ..thanks Carl
 

Attachments

  • IMG_WU2.webp
    IMG_WU2.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 316
I'd agree it's a collage, school, or company uniform button...

Hopefully someone figures it out.

Based on this text: "To Harvard, Yale and Princeton men, Browning, King & Co. means college clothes. To railroad conductors, bell hops and steamship officers, Browning, King means uniforms. The 112-year-old clothing firm virtually outfitted the gold rush of '49."

Source: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,747461,00.html
 
Upvote 0
Not sure maybe I should come on up and see it in person :laughing7:
Glad ya were out diggin Carl :icon_thumleft:

Still HOT down here looking forward to some cooler weather :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Re: button ID ..thanks looks like my guess was right

it had my curiosity on this one..I have books on alot of buttons but this was not one in the books that I have..thanks for your help..Carl
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom