What's new

buttons

rocky raccoon

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2012
Messages
629
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a look,how about the star button 2 pc no backmark pretty rusty
 

Attachments

  • buttons lead 005_crop.webp
    buttons lead 005_crop.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 466
Pics of the backs will help.
 
Upvote 0
BigCy, your PM box is full.

I know that you posted a diagram about axe heads on the what is it threads... can you locate and post the diagram here?


http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,453152.0.html


If so, I'll include it in the original post. I would like for this to be an axe head ID post as well as showroom.
 
Upvote 0
looks real close but no moon
 
Upvote 0
I think first button is a fashion button.

Can you post pic of back 3rd button?

No moon, but same button :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
The dragon is listed as fashion by Waterbury. The first button is also fashion and you can see it here in this odd lot of modern buttons on eBay.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
okay guys got some lead seals for ya ,i think they were used @ the railyards?also have some big tomac buttons?
 

Attachments

  • buttons lead 015_crop.webp
    buttons lead 015_crop.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 216
  • buttons lead 017.webp
    buttons lead 017.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0
The big buttons may be Dandy buttons :icon_thumleft:

Post a pic of back 3rd button please :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Lead wire seals. Could be RR.
 

Attachments

  • lead seals improvement.webp
    lead seals improvement.webp
    20 KB · Views: 303
  • lead seal patent 1857.webp
    lead seal patent 1857.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0
that back 3rd button is on here w/closeups,i thought it was silver or platinum,someone gave me some info it is aluminum alloy..............rr
 
Upvote 0
rocky raccoon said:
that back 3rd button is on here w/closeups,i thought it was silver or platinum,someone gave me some info it is aluminum alloy..............rr
The reference to the 3rd button was the star button. We need a pic of the back to ID it. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259110.0.html If its on here, I dont see it.

There is no need to remove your pictures after they are identified. This thread no longer makes any sense. TN saves the old "What Is Its" for future reference.
 
Upvote 0
I found it. You mistakenly posted it on another thread lol. We need to keep it somewhat organized for future reference you understand

Well the pic is a bit blurry, I tried to clean it up. It looks like what I suspected a modern self-shank iron back fashion button. (mid to latter 20th century)
 

Attachments

  • button mark.webp
    button mark.webp
    5 KB · Views: 178
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
rocky raccoon said:
sorry about that, thanks rr
Your welcome. Although I cannot find a match, it looks like a self shank fashion button.
 

Attachments

  • button patent self shank.webp
    button patent self shank.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 0
so green check means identified?
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom