Buyer not playing nice!!!

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okie dokie, my first thread got pulled(likely due to what I wanted to do stated in the title).

Have a buyer of an item I sold and was just delivered. I was nice as peach pie as I bit my tongue...
The item was well tested and described.

Dear warrenwardog1,

I never seen any seller like you,you though it's easy to cheat everybody I don.t think your education is high enough you must take item back and deserved what you did.Item totally dead nothing working as you listed I need to know before I claim ebay.

- fujisan05

Dear fujisan05,

Returns are fine for any reason you wish. I will gladly return your money once the item arrives back to me. Did you put in good batteries (6 C batteries)? Did you turn switch on? EVERYTHING worked on the item, there is nothing good about listing things improperly. You do not get hundreds of positive feedback as a seller for selling the way you are talking about.

- warrenwardog1

Reply;

Hi warrenwardog1,
The buyer sent you a message.
Buyer's message:
You cheated me to sell the item totally dead, no power on at all and now you though the buyer will cheating like you cheated the buyer, this case will submit to customer support to see how you are. Don't ask the stupid questions for return ,just a kid's question, be a man.

Case Opened from buyer;

Between the insults(from buyer), I offered a full refund upon return of the item(as before), escalating to "full refund accepted upon return, Video recorded opening of the package with the delivering employee present". Contacted ebay and notified them about the B.S.

It went so well...Dear warrenwardog1,

No one stupid like you don.t lied too much open eyes to see how many items I bought before you.you deserved what you did remember that.

Lovely! I'm giving up all ratings to stand by this!

There's more, this buyer is a large electronics buyer, with no sales under this name. I'm contacting his lower feedback sellers and seeing if there's any trends for this behavior.

Last edited:

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sorry that you are having to go through this.

Just remember, it happens to all of us at one point or another. Yesterday, I told my wife that "we are long past due for an ebay scam." My ebay problems always come in threes, and since it has been a while since we've had a problem, I am due for about nine big problems on ebay!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be sure to block him and message him and tell him why. Everyone else should too! Unite as a community! !

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And he's calling you uneducated? His writing is atrocious.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ugh. You know what I hate? People pop off these emails with no thought of the person who is getting it. They think it is just some random thing that they can do. They don't THINK that it is a live human being with feelings. Sorry; I'm sure it will work out in your favor, especially if you keep saying you will refund as soon as you get the item back.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fujisan sounds like he need to work on his Engrish.

I think I would be making Ebay and Paypal (seeing how they owned by same company) more than aware of this newbie, forward all emails to them, instigate the phone calls, and have a case opened on HIM! I probably would do that before contacting the other sellers. I'd let them know I already reported him and they probably want to, also.
Coming from someone tenured and with 100% feedback rating, I would think your word and others feedback and dealings with him, should crumble his fortune cookie.
You're more than willing to refund upon receipt, what's this guy doing, trying to open an electronics store or just trying to get free stuffs? I would also think, that may help if he leaves nasty feedback, that you can get it removed easily.

Sorry you're having this trouble and good luck, keep us informed.
Let fujisan go back to eatin his plork flyed lice.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've stumbled into Ebay a few times, but have never joined. My brother buys, sells, trades, restores cap guns and has been on there for over 5 years - I really don't know how long, but he makes a little money here and there with it - he's retired. And, he's told me some of his stories as well.

I'll be retiring next month, and have started taking more interest in joining in preparation for my coming scrounging life. Subsequently I've started reading a lot of the ebay posting experiences here. Some of the stories posted here make me really excited about exploring it further....... NOT!!!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've stumbled into Ebay a few times, but have never joined. My brother buys, sells, trades, restores cap guns and has been on there for over 5 years - I really don't know how long, but he makes a little money here and there with it - he's retired. And, he's told me some of his stories as well.

I'll be retiring next month, and have started taking more interest in joining in preparation for my coming scrounging life. Subsequently I've started reading a lot of the ebay posting experiences here. Some of the stories posted here make me really excited about exploring it further....... NOT!!!

A bit foolish - honestly. Anytime you deal with the public you will eventually have a problem, eBay is no different. I probably have a minor annoyance every 20 transactions and an actual problem every 50 transactions. I have had 1 issue like the one above in around 300 sales. For everything that is wrong with eBay, for many items you will get THE top dollar while paying minimal fees. I have previously owned my own brick and mortar retail store and I currently rent an antique mall case as well as sell on eBay. My BEST month in my mall case I paid approx 17% in rent/fees, my worst month approx 35% in rent/fees. My best month on eBay I paid about 7% in fees, my worst 10%.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep, it's not all that bad. I have sold on there, on and off, for about 10 yrs. It's like most everything else in life, you gonna run across a stinking one, every now and then, in anything you do.
I find a direct approach, cover your bases, and let bidders know, "don't EVEN GO THERE", you pretty much can hack it.
Plus, you can block buyers that have had 2 or more strikes against them. That's what I do, I got no time for game playing bs-er's.
I'd report the op's buyer, AND I'd tell the buyer WHY I'm reporting him, also! Probably along with a few more choice words about, learn to get with the program, not everyone gets majorly intimidated by scammers.

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at your items the other day when you posted the switchblade. I think you have a great variety of some unique items. Pretty reasonable too.

I think that is what the report buyer button is for. I had an item broken in shipment that I talked to the lady on the phone about for about an hour. Left me positive feedback and then gave me 1's on everything. I packed it really well and I believed her but sometime things break. I was the last person who wanted it to break. If we talked on the phone for an hour and I gave you your money back do you really need to leave me a 1 on communication. But anyway if you sell enough items a couple ones really isn't going to hurt you.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cam I ask where you found the item you sold? I also would like to know how much you originally paid for the item? How much was actual shipping charges, and what did you charge?

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to say this but I laid down, refunded all the money including shipping which costed $7.00 more than I charged. I am a little thin skinned when it comes to buyer satisfaction(long time bartender) in south Fl. and I am partially disabled after being struck by a car while jogging in 2001. (difficult to work a regular job and will not accept Govt. benefits). I need this for income.

Cam I ask where you found the item you sold? I also would like to know how much you originally paid for the item? How much was actual shipping charges, and what did you charge?

I purchased the item at an estate sale run by the family, headed by a family member that had some experience in estate sales. I purchased a number of items and got the radio in the deal for $5.00 with an overall purchase of over $90 with the items I bought. The radio sold worked perfectly. The actual shipping cost was about $18- the sold price was $40- the treatment and abuse from a smart ##@@% buyer that scams sellers is only worth between a dead rodent or a rotten vegetable, if that.

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at your items the other day when you posted the switchblade. I think you have a great variety of some unique items. Pretty reasonable too.

I think that is what the report buyer button is for. I had an item broken in shipment that I talked to the lady on the phone about for about an hour. Left me positive feedback and then gave me 1's on everything. I packed it really well and I believed her but sometime things break. I was the last person who wanted it to break. If we talked on the phone for an hour and I gave you your money back do you really need to leave me a 1 on communication. But anyway if you sell enough items a couple ones really isn't going to hurt you.
This buyer is a POS scammer...This is a small part of the correspondance with someone I reached out to and helped before they got "took". This is with their permission...Dear warrenwardog1,

You were right the person who bought m y boombox despite I check the cassette he tells me cassette does not work at all!! ( it was working perfectly !)
I told him to send it back as long as my security seal is not broken I thnk we need to report this buyer to ebay. Thanks for telling me ahead I expected this will come sort of prepared .

- timewalker202

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear warrenwardog1,

I think he was waiting for you to say KEEP THE ITEM . I didn't I told him to return it without breaking my security seal.
Yes you can use my email with ebay for this person. I think he threatens people and when they say keep it then he keep it for free . becoming habit I thknk you should have told him to return it back to you.Dear warrenwardog1,

I told the guy not to open the case he thought he may open the case to protect him. I think this dude has a mental issue for sure

- timewalker202

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Dear timewalker202,

Yes, bought a boombox...RARE Vtg Sharp Qt 77 White Sharp Mini Boombox Ghettoblaster Dual Cassette Radio | eBay
I tested this completely and listened to it for a few days until I listed it. It worked perfectly and is a quality radio/cassette player that should have brought twice the selling price based on past sales of the same radio. I also gave a very low shipping price on the item. That's no issue for me. BUT, This is his first message to me...Dear warrenwardog1,

I never seen any seller like you,you though it's easy to cheat everybody I don.t think your education is high enough you must take item back and deserved what you did.Item totally dead nothing working as you listed I need to know before I claim ebay.

All I want to know is if this buyer is doing this to anyone else. The insults did not stop there...

- fujisan05

- warrenwardog1

- timewalker202

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, that confused me too...I have more sellers now that have contacted me about the buyer. The bay would not give me any answers(since I refunded the jerk and did not escalate the case) they would not block them from leaving feedback on me and would not remove the case points against my "defect rating". I pray for them not to call me for improving my sales in the near future...

OP
OP
W

war-digs-it

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is the exception, that 1% when you sell quite a bit. There are these dirtbags that need to be dealt with. There are also some heartwarming thank you messages that lift you above all the noise when the day is done.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My message to fujisan05:

"FYI - you are now blocked by myself and a large group of other sellers. There are consequences to your negative feedbacks, your harrassing and demeaning behavior, and your outright theft from honest sellers.

You are nothing but a scam artist and should be kicked off eBay."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread