SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got out today for the first time after all this snow were getting in the NE. Hit up 2 fields with my mom and friend and found our share of trash and more trash. I did manage to pull a nice 1887 IH from the snowy ground and about 10 feet from the car this "gold" pendant shows it's face. I believe its real gold havnt got ma to test it yet but it's and odd one to wear around your neck the base is flat and it is very neat looking with all the designs. It has a small eyelet up top for a chain im assuming. Anyone ever see something like this before? This place dates way back. This sure helped out my cabing fever by finding it! Thanks ,Jim :icon_thumleft:
P1010418.jpg

P1010419.jpg

P1010416.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds. Looks gold to me! :thumbsup: jgas

Thank you for the ID guys thats very intertesting. The bottom however is perfectly smooth. Im guessing a 3d imprint attached to the bottom. Thanks, agian. ~Jim

SouthJerseyJim said:
Thank you for the ID guys thats very intertesting. The bottom however is perfectly smooth. Im guessing a 3d imprint attached to the bottom. Thanks, agian. ~Jim

I think that makes the most sense unless someone else has an ID for something very similar. Perhaps just a fob that was only a fob.... but damn it looks like a wax seal.

Just tested the gold and it comes back positive in one section for 14kt and 18kt in another! Nice! Was it common for the wax seals to have a smooth bottom?? And to be so small? Object is about 3/4" tall by 1/2" at its widest by 1/4" at its thinnest. Thanks, Jim

SouthJerseyJim said:
Was it common for the wax seals to have a smooth bottom?? And to be so small?

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• fob, seal, early victorian - 2.jpg
    fob, seal, early victorian - 2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 780
Nice little find ! WTG :icon_thumleft:. Good Hunting Jim

..smooth bottom :icon_scratch: I have seen them with a mark or crest of prominence on bottom , your right ,seems small . Quality find and Welcome

Of all of the wax seal/fobs I've seen posted here, this is the first one that I've ever heard of being dug that was gold. That's a Fantastic recovery. :hello2:

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Where in S Jersey U from bro? I grew up in Swedesboro and may be able to clue U in on a great hold homestead that i am sure has never been detected. It's an OLD sight, early 1800's, the part of the house that was originally there was pegged together.The cellar below it was all field stone, i know about it,because i lived there till i was 12.
We moved to Mickleton then and my brother and i used to hunt the old farm.
My pop and used to walk the dirt driveway after rains and find silver and pennies on the surface at times.
Shoot me a message and we'll talk..
Cool finds BTW!!
Jeff

SouthJerseyJim said:
Just tested the gold and it comes back positive in one section for 14kt and 18kt in another! Nice! Was it common for the wax seals to have a smooth bottom?? And to be so small? Object is about 3/4" tall by 1/2" at its widest by 1/4" at its thinnest. Thanks, Jim

Basically the smooth ones where purely decor/jewelry, & not for use.

CRUSADER said:
SouthJerseyJim said:

Basically the smooth ones where purely decor/jewelry, & not for use.

I was thinking that might have been the case. I found the pic above by leaving out the word wax but it's interesting they still use the word seal.

I'd like to see what that was attached to!

you know this thing is gold with that cute little dent on the seal edge

:hello2:
P1010416.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back