Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've returned from an interesting trip to Northern California. Main reason for the trip was a visit with my grad student son in Arcata and also help him move into a new place. Ten days without TV or Internet can be very interesting. However it wasn't possible to ignore the Stanley Cup Finals and I did get my son and his girlfriend into some restaurants and bars to watch the games. SUPER Exciting games with a nice Lord Stanley Cup at the end for the Los Angeles Kings GO KINGS, GO! (Sorry NJ)

DSC07213.jpg

I, of course, brought my compact Beauty Deus with me. I even brought it with me on a wilderness backpacking trip in the Trinity Wilderness. My intention was to detect some likely way out of the way gold gravel. I only got an hour's hunt of our campsite but recovered a few targets. No gold...a handful of pennies/dimes going back to 1960's and about dozen rifle shells. Rain chased us away as my son had left the rain tarp back home. (The beard was in support of the Kings Stanley Cup playoffs...just took it off today...Very Happily!)

TrinityAlpsBackpackingsm.jpg

Before leaving the area I did get some gold detecting in at a drive in campsite closer to Weaverville. The detector worked great. I had it on zero disc and looking for something in the 20's or 30's. No gold, again but a lot of confidence that I will recognize gold when I find it.

As I'm depressurizing here in SoCal I got a little surprise on my local out of the way beach. It weighs in at just under 2g. I'm wondering what I could have told the police if I was stopped as I was driving home? Would that small amount just get me a warning or ticket or more?

MedCannabis.jpg
MedCannabis2sm.jpg

Since there's no specific owner's info on the bottle..I'm not sure at all how to return it.:icon_scratch:

HH Joe

Upvote 0

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You don't you sit down after a long day put some in a pipe and take one hit
And relax...

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give that to your son he will know wat to do with it.:icon_thumleft: Nice find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions