What's new

Calm Before the (next) Storm

yakker

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
1,666
Reaction score
1,241
Golden Thread
0
Location
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a great day to go walking! Went to a favorite spot to see what the great and amazing wind blew in (sustained winds of between 30-50 mph Wed). Was extremely happy to find this- especially since it was in the water, on edge. But what a great color!


0314141322.webp 0314141322a.webp

among some other things...


0314142153.webp 0314142154a.webp

Not the best pic- but a neat little spokeshave on the side. Saw this and thought to myself, in a couple months, we'll all be wishing for something like this to roll around in...but right now, I'll be happy when it's gone!


0314141331.webp

Happy hunting-- and thanks for looking! Yakker
 
Upvote 0
...that is a pretty color, nice find! It's very windy here today....don't like hunting in the wind :icon_shaking2: .
 
Love the water pictures nice find boss !!
 
Thanks all! And CuriousCat- I don't like to either... got taken by surprise Wed. and was seriously 'chased' from the water. Wind picked up really fast- and major gusts, so w/ every paddle stroke, I got a blast of spray in the face... and started taking on water. Happy to get safely to shore just before all heck broke loose! And Viking- I LOVE finding lures! (maybe too much- I have 3 other 'strings' of lures twice as long as this one... Tackle, anyone?? ! Yak


0306141435.webp
 
Sweet point! Got the same red quartzite down this way as well, it's my favorite
 
That's great color on that point. Do you fish with all those lures you find?
 
Nice point and also lures.
 
That's great color on that point. Do you fish with all those lures you find?


I'd never have seen it if it hadn't been that brilliant, that's for sure! And as for those lures...the ever-growing orphanage...? In a word, no. I do fish, but not around here. Was thinking of clipping some of them and making Christmas tree ornaments, tie clips, earrings... :tongue3: I prefer fly fishing when I get the chance... which sadly isn't often. Yakker
 
Very nice find:thumbsup: and you could start a tackle shop before long:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom