Campground metal detecting with my son!

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I've done this also . Found a lot of change. What I don't understand is why there were so many coins in campsites that are 20 miles away from any stores or a place to buy something. Some are kind of old 1950 and up, most are fairly recent.

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I've done this also . Found a lot of change. What I don't understand is why there were so many coins in campsites that are 20 miles away from any stores or a place to buy something. Some are kind of old 1950 and up, most are fairly recent.
coins are there because people put change in the same pocket as keys,pull out keys loose change

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Folks that go to a campsite they don't empty the pockets out before going.
They buy the goodies on the way there, once there the change clothing, and coins gets dropped out of the pockets.
It's a lot easier changing the clothes outside than in a small tent.

It all depends on the ruggedness of the campsite also, is there an outhouse.
If not the logs of the forest are the seats of relief-just another place for coin drops if one dares to try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread