Can anyone help me identify this? Found on my property in TX (digging - deep in grou)

GSnider

Tenderfoot
Mar 30, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
68583C78-B2A8-4662-9A53-119101FDB1A1.jpeg 36A29EB0-79C0-47BC-9C20-CDB9A7506857.jpeg

4treasures

Greenie
Dec 9, 2010
Haha not losers but that’s a good idea I will try taking it by the scrap yard and see if they can tell me what it might be - if they can’t figure it out then I’m lost & it could be something out of this world haha

Yeah my experience with scrap yard knowledge re precious metals that aren't reallllly obvious are just what it sounds like, (s)crap.
Can you confirm that you are finding this mineral in rocks/formations on your property....a whole lot hinges on that?

Upvote 0

cutty

Sep 8, 2004
SE tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wouldn't. you have gotten tons of good info here. you asked for an id. you got it brother, its scrap!

Upvote 0

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If as the poster says it doesn,t scratch with a screwdriver and a torch won,t melt it it,s obviously not aluminum regardless of what it looks like.I have no idea what it may be unless some exotic aircraft alloy,but that begs the question of how it was melted in the first place.If there is a scrap yard with one of those analysers,I think it uses a laser,near you they might do a test on it for you,otherwise I don,t know exactly what to do.If you do positively ID it please let us know,I,m dying to find out what it is.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread