What's new

Can anyone identify this?

steve_rowlands

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2017
Messages
353
Reaction score
728
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thus was found in a field in Hertfordshire england but I'm unsure of what it could be .

Against the wind suggested I post it here and someone may recognise it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Steve
 
Forgot the photos.... Screenshot_20180226-161634.webpScreenshot_20180226-161650.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like my mom's curtain tiebacks
 
Upvote 0
Maybe a thumb lever from some type of latch?
 
Upvote 0
Lol it does but I'm pretty sure it's not a tieback. I know its nothing special I'm just curious to know what it was doing in the ground miles from anywhere.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like crushed napkin ring to me, or curtain ring
 
Upvote 0
I was thinking a slip on concho for a strap
 
Upvote 0
I wonder if it isn't some type of buckle for a lady.The shape of the metal on the back reminds me of something I have seen just can't remember what the shape serves a purpose a spring type of clip.?????????????This is a great What is it.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe from a chatelaine belt Victorian??????
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
my guesses have been already taken, but just remember just because its miles away from anywhere today dosent mean that nothing was there 100 years ago
 
Upvote 0
I don't see a spring on the back, but could it be an early version of a ear ring. Wife says it might be a snap for purse.
 
Upvote 0
Special is a matter of perspective
 
Upvote 0
I agree with some of the others - napkin ring, obviously smashed a little and broken. Shell is a popular motif for napkin rings (that's what it looks like to me...).
 
Upvote 0
I agree with some of the others - napkin ring, obviously smashed a little and broken. Shell is a popular motif for napkin rings (that's what it looks like to me...).
That's the consensus so it must be a napkin ring. All replies were appreciated
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom