ok, humm so here is my question,, i though silver stopped in 64? is this a error due to it being a 67? a leftover mercury dime planchet? i have herd of silver tarnishing pink from certain elements just dont see much on pink dimes.. this did come out of a roll of pennies
90% silver stopped production for circulation in 1964. The mint then dropped silver content to 40% for half dollars and continued production through 1970.
The mint does still produce some silver coinage for proof & mint sets here and there.
It was a dug coin.From one place or another. I roll mine without tumbling so they look like that in rolls and sometimes I find dark off colored dimes in my pennies while rolling you can send it back to me and I'll send you back a penny to make up for it.If you run across one of my penny rolls it will have half rotted out zincolns in it also.
https://treasurepursuits.com/1965-dime, <---- check out this link,, this was in 1965,, when i look at the coins 3 side, i dont see any kind of sandwiching,, just all pink,,
There are no known silver business strikes of 1967 dimes. Also, when planchettes are punched, it is not unusual for metal on edges to “smear” to the point that the copper layer is obscured.
Mine come out of the ground red, then tumbler pink. When it comes out of the ground silver I may look at it closer. If the date is after 1900 I throw it back.