can I submerdge coil on a Garrett gti 1500?

crusty metal

Feb 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 59 and as a 10 yo kid I remember my Grandmother telling me that this one area was a large swim area (now built over..some weeded area)when she was a Child (She died in 1970 at about 75 ) so the swim area was over 100 years ago. behind it is a woods with a creek. I as a kid swam in it and remember the bottom in many areas was all flat rock. She said that was a old road before a creek that is why it was flat at bottom. This sounds like a neat area to try but it is 3-4ft deep of water in areas but some more shallow.(been 30 years or more-hope still there) to the point: can I submerdge my coil on my gti 1500? P.S. I do know a pawn shop had a Fisher month ago that was submersable they wanted $275 for..Thinking on checking it out but 40 miles away. Gene

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if the water is to deep dam it up for the time being

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most coils can get wet, but the controls can't. The danger of getting in the water is that you will drop your detector, or splash enough water into it to turn it into a very large, completely fried paperweight. I would suggest if you are tempted to go more than a few inches deep that you buy a water detector like a tiger shark which can be submerged.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread