Peyton Manning
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2012
- Messages
- 15,017
- Reaction score
- 18,979
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- MXT-PRO
Sandshark
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
- #1
Thread Owner
Ok I live in a city of 50k just north of Indy. Indiana is 200 years a state.
When I began detecting I avoided the city parks because I figured they had been hunted by better people than me for many years.
This year, just for kicks, I decided to hit them and I have found most of my firsts!
1907Vnick, 43 warnickle, several wheats and my first silver ring.
I know the ring could be new, but those coins have been buried for decades.
My question is - how can I be finding stuff this old? There have to be detectors in the city.
Is it because the detectors are that much better? ( I have a whites MXT-PRO)
PS apparently one cannot edit a misspelled title
When I began detecting I avoided the city parks because I figured they had been hunted by better people than me for many years.
This year, just for kicks, I decided to hit them and I have found most of my firsts!
1907Vnick, 43 warnickle, several wheats and my first silver ring.
I know the ring could be new, but those coins have been buried for decades.
My question is - how can I be finding stuff this old? There have to be detectors in the city.
Is it because the detectors are that much better? ( I have a whites MXT-PRO)
PS apparently one cannot edit a misspelled title












