What's new

Can you help ID this?

nicksiq

Greenie
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
16
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Can you help ID this? I have searched google but have not come up with much.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • token.webp
    token.webp
    70.5 KB · Views: 490
Cool find and ID :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Green check please :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Must be American..the letter "u" is missing! :P (As is the letter "J" too)
 
Upvote 0
Dano Sverige said:
Must be American..the letter "u" is missing! :P (As is the letter "J" too)

J is a variant of I and was first used during the 16th century by Petrus Ramus.

U is a variant of V. In Latin the /u/ sound was written with the letter v, e.g. IVLIVS (Julius).

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
These types of Nuremberg jettons are circa late 16th C. I have had a couple of poor examples.
If this was an ebay purchase it was a fun choice, as it actually depicts someone using the Jettons, so a picture of the item on the piece itself. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom