What's new

Canadian Silver Quarters (In the U.S.)

JJtheRollHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Just curious if any of you have found silver Canadian quarters out in circulation. I know some people find dimes, but I've never heard of a quarter being found.

Thanks to all who post,
JJ
 
Upvote 0
Re: Canadian Silver Quarters

I've found three in michigan...they don't get pulled out as fast because people don't realize that they could be silver....

HH
-GC
 
Yep sure have! Found a 1963 in a box earlier this year
 
two this year, and at least one or two in other years.
 
A great teller offered me one for free. That's the only one I got
 
Pulled three over the years, none recently even though I'm less than 50 miles from the border.
 
exnatomp said:
Pulled three over the years, none recently even though I'm less than 50 miles from the border.
I live in SoCA, about the furthest you can get from Canada, I get canadian coins in change all the time. But i have a small magnet to test the older ones, so far it always sticks. :-\
But in yard sales I get a few silver ones.
 
2 for me as well as 1 silver Canadian half earlier this year...
 
unlike american coins which cut out the silver in 64 ( except for thr halves 65 to 70 --40%)--the 80% silver candains lasted thru out mid 67 --however in late 67 and 68 --50% was the new stardard until the silver was removed from their coinage --so 1968 and before candian coinage has silver in it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom