D Deese Full Member Joined Oct 24, 2008 Messages 115 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Mebane,NC Detector(s) used Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10 Oct 6, 2009 #1 Found at a military school.No Idea what it is yet. Attachments 20090928_9.webp 89.9 KB · Views: 453 20090928_11.webp 149.7 KB · Views: 432 20090928_1.webp 125.2 KB · Views: 479 20090928_9.webp 89.9 KB · Views: 368 20090928_11.webp 149.7 KB · Views: 368 20090928_1.webp 125.2 KB · Views: 363
Monty Gold Member Joined Jan 26, 2005 Messages 10,752 Reaction score 170 Golden Thread 0 Location Sand Springs, OK Detector(s) used ACE 250, Garrett Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Oct 7, 2009 #2 Black powder era mortar shell? My guess. Monty Oh wait, I didn't see the thing sticking out the back of it. How about a few other views of it? I rescend that first guess. Upvote 0
Black powder era mortar shell? My guess. Monty Oh wait, I didn't see the thing sticking out the back of it. How about a few other views of it? I rescend that first guess.
DCMatt Gold Member Joined Oct 12, 2006 Messages 10,485 Reaction score 13,791 Golden Thread 0 Location Herndon Virginia Detector(s) used Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic Primary Interest: Metal Detecting Oct 7, 2009 #3 I'm guessing its the top off a cast iron bollard or hitching post. DCMatt Upvote 0
D Deese Full Member Joined Oct 24, 2008 Messages 115 Reaction score 1 Golden Thread 0 Location Mebane,NC Detector(s) used Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10 Oct 7, 2009 Thread Owner #4 There are two ears with a pin through them on the back as you see,the other side matched before someone broke the opposite side off.I left it at work so I will have to get it home to take more pictures. Upvote 0
There are two ears with a pin through them on the back as you see,the other side matched before someone broke the opposite side off.I left it at work so I will have to get it home to take more pictures.
Bigcypresshunter Sapphire Member Joined Dec 15, 2004 Messages 27,124 Reaction score 3,351 Golden Thread 0 Location South Florida Detector(s) used 70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250 Primary Interest: Beach & Shallow Water Hunting Oct 7, 2009 #5 It looks like writing on the bottom. Can you make it out? Im assuming the ears are on the bottom. Upvote 0