Cant believe I missed this large copper!

Lost Signal

Mar 5, 2019
Lowcountry SC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Garrett 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not making this up... I was going back and forth over a very marginal signal, when I saw something move through the corner of my eye. I looked down and this copper head crawled from between my boots (not snake boots).

Don't see it? It's there. Zoom in.

It's easy to see why they're not easy to see.
copper head.jpg

Upvote 24

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
know a couple dozen people bitten by copperheads including a handful of kids. most were bitten at night or near dark. have seen lots in the woods and have had them crawl over my boots but most have been easy going and I just watched them go about their business. my son when he was seven, had one to strike his tennis shoe and left the fang marks in it, it was a small one. Would prefer to get bitten by a copperhead than any other poisonous snake in the states. I used to be able to smell them pretty well and they always seemed to glow to me, They stuck out pretty well for me to see but I grew up looking for them. The little ground rattlers on the other hand can be strike happy.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad that I don't have to deal with those. Or black widow's or brown recluse etc. All I deal with is rain, coyotes, a bear that once got between me and the truck, and the occasional ghost at an old homestead.

The north sure does have some benefits. Best we got is some rattlers but they are pretty rare. I'll take yotes and bears any day of the week over those damn spiders and snakes....

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yikes! Massachusetts has its drawbacks for sure, but at least I never see anything like that in the woods. I hate snakes! Good luck out there and be safe.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find Waldo I finally found it not the kinda copper you want to find his copper head made the signal lol

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you didn't get him mad...:icon_thumleft:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snakes get lead poisoning when I see them.

We dont have any up here and the bears we have may be just as sneaky but they're easier to see

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Snakes get lead poisoning when I see them.

We dont have any up here and the bears we have may be just as sneaky but they're easier to see

Brother-in-Law retired from the U.S. Navy and used to joke that Alaska had what they called an Artic Ice Snake that was deadliest snake on Earth because they will crawl up your' butt and freeze you to death.:laughing7::tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread