What's new

Cant dig forever?

Wishbone

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2014
Messages
257
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't dig forever?

My friend's and I are marking our spring exploration spots on Google Earth. Now I say, our test holes should be 3'X3' and 2' down, test pan, 2 more feet down and test, then move on to the next spot. Our best friend and partner said our holes should be 4'X4' and 6' down?
I said, " Not likely Bud!", I'm not 20 anymore and I smoke, it's like digging my own grave...lol.
I figure if there's no indicators by 4' then we should move on? If you want to come back after dinner, knock yourself out!
Does this strategy make sense?
Wishbone
 
I KNOW...lol. A shovel full is about 10", isn't it? There's 3 of us, so 4' is doable. I say 100 ft apart and stick to the plan. Thanks.
Wishbone
 
Sounds like a great time, soon I think I'll start a gold rush here in Michigan, been crushing rock for awhile now from what I have determined to be ancient riverbed, and well there be gold in that thar rock matey!

Mike
 
Are you treasure hunting, or doing an archeological survey? I usually do the surveying with a detector. It's easier on the back. Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Ya if I had to dig a hole that big I'd be all in...the hole! The older we get the harder things become. In my case body will tell the brain "are you kidding, there's no way we're doing that!"
 
Yea, I know what you mean...lol. I think the digging part would be easier if I didn't stop for a smoke break. But if each person takes 4 shovels full and stops for a drink of beer, then the next takes 4 scoops, and a drink, and so on. We are going to take the term "Laidback Miner" to a whole new level, :) I'm so excited!
Wishbone
 
And your right Frankn. I do have to get a metal detector. But you know how the ol' money tree is in the winter, just plain sad. But I do have some good news! I found a (and don't laugh) a used BH Discovery 1100 for $75. They say it's perfect for little and big kids.
You see I want a detector for mining, but there are old cabins in the area, so about 20% of my time would be hunting relics.
The Discovery can do that, and Ill learn, that's the best thing. It will also be fun for visitors and kid's.
Wishbone
 
Ya if I had to dig a hole that big I'd be all in...the hole! The older we get the harder things become. In my case body will tell the brain "are you kidding, there's no way we're doing that!"

Hay, I liked your post, but I won't dare tell you what I was thinking when I read it. lol Frank...
111 -120-Poppy.webp
 
Hay, I liked your post, but I won't dare tell you what I was thinking when I read it. lol Frank...
View attachment 940648

To each his own Frank, to each his own, lol!
You should see the looks I get in public when this conversation is on going! Lol!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom