Carrying the unit

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I use a wheel barrow, they make all different kinds now. The one I use has two front tires, steel handles and a square thick plastic basin. Drywasher, motor and gear takes about 2 trips. Will go most any where from the truck except of coarse anything like up steep mountain sides etc. I'd take a pic but its in my prospecting trailer burried under all my crap and hotter than Hell outside. Bought it a Tractor Supply I think.

OP
OP
A

Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Fisher f2, tesoro lobo vlf discriminator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought about that but i wanted to get an experienced opinion before throwing down the cash. Thank you

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's what I use -- it works good with the big wheels (26") I tried one with small 12" wheels and it was easy to tip over.
Depends on the spot. Lately I have been hiking in with my homemade one with a shoulder strap - no battery or gas to carry.
cart.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a 151 but I haul my drywasher, blower vac combo, metal detector, pick, shovel, and hose on a 2 wheel contraption I built using wheels and handle off a junk lawnmower.

caddie2.jpg chariot02.jpg caddie01.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's what I use -- it works good with the big wheels (26") I tried one with small 12" wheels and it was easy to tip over.
Depends on the spot. Lately I have been hiking in with my homemade one with a shoulder strap - no battery or gas to carry.
View attachment 1854409
I looked at this type of garden cart as well. The problem i have with these is the handle. I think being able to be between the handle(s) would give #1 more stability and #2 less strain on my arms being between and to the immediate side of my body as opposed to out infront. I realize this would probably only come into play on a really long and potentially rough and/or steep transport of the equipment.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at this type of garden cart as well. The problem i have with these is the handle. I think being able to be between the handle(s) would give #1 more stability and #2 less strain on my arms being between and to the immediate side of my body as opposed to out infront. I realize this would probably only come into play on a really long and potentially rough and/or steep transport of the equipment.

Would be easy enough to bolt a length of conduit onto each side of the cart to accomplish your idea.
Or cut the cross bar off and slide the next size conduit over the remaining tubing and bolt on.
You get the picture, several options to do what you want and 1" emt conduit is very strong and inexpensive. 10 feet of 1" emt at Home Depot is only $10.95

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1854409

I like the idea of this type of cart with two extended handles with a waist strap between them....pull it up hill using the waist strap and let it lead going down steeper slopes. For me, I have a whippet and it converts and uses it's own backpack straps.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i really like the big wheels, brad
View attachment 1854409

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hand truck and a couple of straps.

Seden

Jan 28, 2008
Yep, works for me! I got the flat bottomed tires for my hand truck from Harbor Freight and they greatly reduce the resistance or drag on the hand truck.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
All of these ideas are good BUT I guess you can call me lazy or old fashion BECAUSE I carried all of my stuff on a ATV with a trailer to get close then I break everything down to a small size for this ole man to drag/ push / or roll down the hil to get it there . Then I reassemble it and pushed my 4 inch dredge into the water back when I could at least do that ! Now "if" I can even get out I sit and watch the young guys do it and I can cheer them on !!!:occasion14:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of these ideas are good BUT I guess you can call me lazy or old fashion BECAUSE I carried all of my stuff on a ATV with a trailer to get close then I break everything down to a small size for this ole man to drag/ push / or roll down the hil to get it there . Then I reassemble it and pushed my 4 inch dredge into the water back when I could at least do that ! Now "if" I can even get out I sit and watch the young guys do it and I can cheer them on !!!:occasion14:

I really miss using a dredge. Had my 4" on wheels and used a winch to load and unload.

dow3.jpg dow1.jpg

You just cant beat wheels, best invention ever!

GG~

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Buddy I saw this set up before and I liked it and I still do ! I did the same thing as you did for my dad's boat dock and I had removeable wheels for after I got it into the water and this was 40 or so years ago !:occasion14:

OP
OP
A

Alloffroad

Sep 14, 2016
Lassen county California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like all of these ideas. That garden cart really wouldn't be a hard thing to modify to suit my needs. Thank guys. Totally awesome.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread