🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4226.jpeg

IMG_4227.jpeg

Hello,

I went to a good old spot w a friend and had a good feeling. I stepped out of the rig and started swinging in the fresh gravel and weeds around the garbage can before I even the hit the beach, that’s how hopeful I was for a good target.

I was detecting so slowly, moving baby steps at a time. I wanted all the metal and targets today.

The foreign fill and ugly dry sand at the top of the beach did not deter me. I got a decent target and scraped that sand away to revel the organic brownish muck among the native beach beneath. I got excited. I love that color of ground, and I have got good targets when I’m into it.

My warm-grey disk appeared. I saw a Reeded edge on the disc in the muck.

I ran up to the car where my friend was still gearing up and I told him that I think I have a silver coin. “Let’s see it” I told him it’s still in the dirt.

We gathered around the gopher hole, and I had him pluck it out. “Barber” - - - “no, seated”

We cheered and ran to the car for a loup. Seconds later, I confirmed the CC mint mark.

That’s my little story, thank you for reading.

Upvote 20

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story and a great little coin. The CC mintmark is the icing on the cake. Congrats on a tough find, especially at a beach.

jgoetz4

Dec 31, 2014
Baltimore, Md
Detector(s) used
White's 5000D (40 yrs) and Bounty Hunter 3300 (8 yrs)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find, especially when it's a CC coin :)
Jim

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2080194
View attachment 2080195
Hello,

I went to a good old spot w a friend and had a good feeling. I stepped out of the rig and started swinging in the fresh gravel and weeds around the garbage can before I even the hit the beach, that’s how hopeful I was for a good target.

I was detecting so slowly, moving baby steps at a time. I wanted all the metal and targets today.

The foreign fill and ugly dry sand at the top of the beach did not deter me. I got a decent target and scraped that sand away to revel the organic brownish muck among the native beach beneath. I got excited. I love that color of ground, and I have got good targets when I’m into it.

My warm-grey disk appeared. I saw a Reeded edge on the disc in the muck.

I ran up to the car where my friend was still gearing up and I told him that I think I have a silver coin. “Let’s see it” I told him it’s still in the dirt.

We gathered around the gopher hole, and I had him pluck it out. “Barber” - - - “no, seated”

We cheered and ran to the car for a loup. Seconds later, I confirmed the CC mint mark.

That’s my little story, thank you for reading.
Score!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread