What's new

Carved stones - From CW site - ***SOLVED- Fairy Stones***

ModernMiner

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,115
Reaction score
4,540
Golden Thread
4
Location
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K., here's a few strange pieces. These two pieces were in with a bunch of CW relics I recently acquired. All the CW relics were from a battlefield.
I'm 95% sure these are stone. They look to me to be carved stone pieces and both look pretty similar in shape.
I know a lot of you have seen & dug carved lead from CW sites, but has anyone ever seen carved stone pieces?
Should I clean them up with a toothbrush & water? :dontknow:
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
MM
 

Attachments

  • MVC-031S.webp
    MVC-031S.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 879
  • MVC-032S.webp
    MVC-032S.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 601
You guy's probably have this right, but when I first looked at it I thought maybe calcite sand crystals. They're common in the badlands, don't know about the Carolina's. I have a few lying around here somewhere that look very similar which i'll try to dig out. Anyway, here's a scan of a small cluster. If your's feel "sandy" they might also be these. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mages?q=calcite+sand+crystals&hl=en&sa=N&um=1
 
Upvote 0
johnnyi said:
You guy's probably have this right, but when I first looked at it I thought maybe calcite sand crystals. They're common in the badlands, don't know about the Carolina's. I have a few lying around here somewhere that look very similar which i'll try to dig out. Anyway, here's a scan of a small cluster. If your's feel "sandy" they might also be these. http://images.google.com/imgres?img...mages?q=calcite+sand+crystals&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

Thanks for that info Johnny.
These stones are smooth & not "sandy".
Thanks,
MM
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom