Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what's worse, the cats, the greedy spoiled chickens (sausage biscuit today for them), or my betta fish that gets in shadow boxing fights with the one cat.

Well...Lil'While, the 28 pound Maine Coon cat did a first today. Of course I left my cell phone at the house.

His little self knocked the lamp over off the dresser where it has lived for over 40 years now, it hit hard enough it set off the house alarm.

Police came, I got back in about an hour. No damage done but I have used a big piece of cord to attack the lamp to the wall! CATS!!!!!!

You shouldn't have put the lamp in the way of his Royal Catness - 40 years ago

HUMANS!

:laughing7:

PS - hope the lamp made it

Last edited:
-True, true, true!

Why would any sane human let animals in the house in the first place?

If I let them out, they'll just take the car to the mall and bankrupt me!

My vet came in her office one monday morning to find water coming out the front door pouring into the parking lot. Came to find out one of their 3 cats being kept for adoption (they let them run loose inside overnight) jumped up on one of the sinks and pulled out a number of paper towels which fell into the sink below the paper towel dispenser. If that was not enough the cat hit one of the paddle handles (like medical people use) and turned on the water. You guessed it, the paper towels stopped up the sink and the rest is obvious.

Worst mine have ever done is leave mouse parts where I can enjoy them or have a barforama fest for my additional enjoyment.

I almost stepped on the really big cat, the Russian Blue, and as I moved my foot off him (twas an accident), I felt all 1000 teeth getting ready to chomp my foot. I barely felt them as he decided it wasn't a good idea.

Thank you for sharing the story!:icon_thumleft:

Right now two of my big boys are sharing the couch with me. Aggregate weight: 56 pounds.

Why would any sane human let animals in the house in the first place?
I agree! We grew up and dad would never let any animal in the house. He took great care of our dogs
but they stayed 100% outside.
We have 3 cats, my baby girl Bandy 20180923_180914.jpgsleeps with me every night! The other 2 rascals
usually come in but sometimes stay out all night20190923_180829.jpg
Came home one time to find the flat screen TV on the floor busted!
Cats knew nothing about it!

I heard the tale from my mother in law once that my ex brought a pony in the house once. My house isn't big enough for a pony inside.

This is my kitty Cleo, I raised her from a kitten before her eyes were open, she is over 15 years old now and suffering from hyperthyroid and kidney failure, She will not be with us much longer, but she is getting medical attention which will keep her comfortable until then.F7EE16B6-353F-49CC-A640-C57D990D889D.jpeg

The two my daughter gave me, when they were 13 and 15 BTW, well, they were butterballs when I got them. Both have diabetes. They both get shots twice a day. Expensive, but doable.

My Maine Coon, who is a gentle thing, knocked over a lamp when I was at the store the other day, set off the house alarm and the police came! Cats are so great! He doesn't realize how big he is! And that lamp makes the BEST place to scratch your head against! I took a heavy duty cord and stapled it to the window to keep that from happening again. (He's not real bright.) Don't tell him I said that.

I had two Himalayans once, brother and sister, this was 30 some years ago, the male, named spike knocked my CD player off the top bookshelf, it was toast, and he did it deliberately because the top shelf was the best place to catch the afternoon sun.
my fault for putting it up there, hehe

Yes, Alan M, you should have not put it there!:laughing7: I gave up a full size Christmas tree over 20 years ago. Nothing like the sound of a fully decorated tree going CRASH, BOOM, BANG just because two cats weighing an aggregate of 30 pounds decided it was a great place to climb.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back