Cave Carvings - What does it mean ?

AhmetCann

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2014
Amsterdam
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys,

I found out a cave with several markings and holes in it which I think has a meaning. It's a very old cave which is not in it's top condition anymore because the old inhabitants used to burn logs etc. in it. Although there are carvings which look very interesting to me. Those are not paintings, but actually holes dug out.

Here is a picture of the entrance. There is a hole above it which I and my friends think it stands for that someone is actually buried somewhere in there, but I'm not sure if that's right and that's why I'm seeking help from you guys :icon_scratch:

29m1w2e.jpg

In the following picture I see a dog with 2 eyes looking to the right. It even has a nose and a tongue. In the lower right corner there are 3 or more men walking towards something. Again we do see holes dug out around the dog. There are a lot of holes, small and big ones, which I think represents something.
21b4xhx.jpg

In the next two images there are some squares made in orange. There are again a lot of holes some small and some big which may represent something. In the lower right corner there is something carved. You can see it better in the second image. I looks like IYU, LYU, LW, IW or if you look upside down it says MI. I can't get anything out of it except for the MI. It may be representing a date like 1001 or something in Roman Language.???
27zb5nq.jpg

2n70gt0.jpg

In this one I see 2 big vertical holes. I don't know if it means something or not. :dontknow:
wb8gp2.jpg

Here again we've got an entrance with a hole above it again. It looks like some sort of a stamp which I also mentioned above that I think it represents that someone or something is buried inside. This one is also some sort of painted in orange color. If you look to the one taken from afar the orange painting looks like the blueprint of the cave. If It's true that it's the blueprint of the cave the hole may be giving the location of something. ???
dllq8g.jpg

28akcb8.jpg

If any of you guys do have experience with carving like those please help me out. I'm looking forward for your help.

Kindly Regards,

AhmetCann

Last edited:

bob632

Banned
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Square=earth, or man's presence on earth

Triangle= heaven, or the transition from earth to heaven

Not uncommon to see these:
http://www.sardegnaturismo.it/sites...night-all-saints-sardinia-fantastic-creatures

2000 year old burial niches in south america:

Ventanillas de Otuzco <just do a google search

above the rounded niche was probably a carving of some sort that someone chipped out around to remove it, judging by the hole they left.

whoever was there is not there now, it's not treasure related, but an interesting piece of history.

OP
OP
A

AhmetCann

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2014
Amsterdam
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply Bob, but I do think that it is treasure related. Some time ago there was a mark on the ground like a half moon. I don't know what it means but it can't be a coincidence. The old inhabitants which is my aunt said they found some papers which they threw in the river. He now realises as he is older that it could be some sort of a map.

A few years ago we called in some archaeologists and they said that it is descended from a king. They also said he should be buried somewhere around here. They also mentioned that there are 3 treasures to be found in the cave. Unfortunately we don't have a metaldetector which makes everything 10 times harder. Doesn't anyone have a clue about hte markings and carvings in the photo's?

Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate each reply!

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AhmetCann

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2014
Amsterdam
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Ranglers topic I read something about letters. Now the IYV which you see in the photo got my interest pretty hard. Rangler talks about the letter B, M and the number 13. If you look upside down to the photo you see MI. The M can stand for the Owl of Minerva. I'm going to check it out tomorrow to see what I can find out.
I've also read somewhere else that the treasure will be near a V and that the V can look like as an Y. Well then I see 2 V's but still don't have a clue what to do exactly.

And by the way de half moon was found after digging several meters. They found solid hard ground in the bottom and the moon was made with something that looks like ashe, maybe it is ashe.

bob632

Banned
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:

Knock yourself out dude, dig it all up I'm sure there's a pile of gold in there.

And by all means when common sense doesn't make any sense to you Rambler's website is probably a good place to go.

Good luck.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AhmetCann:
the 2 Vs MIGHT mean the value of the Roman numeral "V" for the value of 5......together for a value of 10........but since it is 2 of the numbers, then double the sum for a value of 20. BUT........the 2 Vs MIGHT be representing the number 55.

The point I'm making is, you just don't have anything to go on except a POSSIBLE treasure story and something rangler wrote.........together these points mean you don't have anything important. Bob 632 has shown you examples of alternate meanings for your site, but you choose to ignore that and go with rangler and a family story. As Bob wrote, good luck to you. If you're following rangler you're going to NEED it.

OP
OP
A

AhmetCann

Tenderfoot
Apr 26, 2014
Amsterdam
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
I've marked the things I see on the walls and bought a book. This picture shows the first room you walk in and I see a big triangle which is showing a direction. There are also 7's, A's, V's and a question mark marked as sign of Gold and a tunnel. Reading the IYV upwards down gives us MI which stands for treasure under. Meaning under it may be representing a tunnel.
As I'm looking now once again I see that the I actually can be a Y if you look closely. Than the MY stands for treasure on opposite side....

I headed to the second room which is this one:
image.jpg

Here I see an arrow pointing to the animal which looks like a dog. The book says that the point the eyes are looking at is an other sign or the treasure site. As we see it is looking to the left. The arrow above it are also saying to go left. There is also an owl to the left. You can check the original pic on top without the markings to see it clearly.

When. I proceeded to the third room I saw this:
image.jpg

A human head above with eyes looking to a certain point. The blue marking to the bottom represents a king because of its crown. It is walking which means I have to proceed to the direction the eye is looking at.

You guys may think that I'm wrong etc. but this cave is in a village where many gold is found and still many waiting to be found.
There are a few more rooms which I'll probably check out today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread