CAVE

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While just poking around at random in the supers I found this cave high up on a mountain top. It has a platform that must be 100 feet long. Good spot to land a chopper. Anyone ever see it before?
There seems to be a face on the top and the eye are windows! Reminds me of the FACE on MARS!
But who knows maybe it might hold Montezumas treasure, or maybe Crazy Jakes gold bars! Is it the so called cave of gold?

Attachments

• CAVE.JPG
    CAVE.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 886
OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides the cave I also came accross this door that seems to be made of steel. Any ideas on this? I know that there was a steel door cave which was a hideout for bandits. Could this be it?

Attachments

• DOOR now.JPG
    DOOR now.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 803

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimb,

Short of someone putting their feet and eyes on the actual spots you're showing, there's just no way to tell what they are. While they could be something unique, they could just as easily be odd shadows.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
The top picture looks like a hound dog, with it's tongue hanging out, and a having a human right hand with the index finger pointing upward and slightly to his right.

Viewing it with the idea that it's a landscape, makes me kind of dizzy. Something seems off kilter. Looks like it's been rotated 90 degrees to the right, or your "airplane" is about to crash.

I wish Google Earth would allow the full resolution in the Superstitions.

:coffee2:

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about the rotation. But if I backed out you would see the surrounding area and the markers. And I do not want to do that right now. I was hoping that some one knew a little about this cave. But as you can see from the replies no one does, or just aint talking.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is the cave ? give us a lat and lon ..

you want feed back .. we got to no where it is ..

sorry i got up at 5:10 and the furnce had stop working .. lots of fun 52 degrees in the house ,, had to change the primary control .. the tools were out in the garoge at 0 degrees .. gives sucks a whole new meaning ...

:coffee2:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BB, Where is My cuppa ?? ya cheap skate. Getting snobbish since you worked the bridge? (swabbing of course)

Gets cold here also -->

Current Conditions in Navojoa

52°F / 11°C

Wind: N at 0 mph / 0 km/h
Humidity: 54%
Pressure: 29.94 inches / 1014 mb
Sunrise: 7:05 AM
Sunset: 5:58 PM
Conditions updated at Mon, 31 Jan 2011 5:42 am MST
Today's forecast
Partly Cloudy
Hi: 66°F / 19°C
Lo: 52°F / 11°C
Tomorrow's forecast
Partly Cloudy
Hi: 67°F / 19°C
Lo: 53°F / 12°C

View the Full Extended Forecast at Yahoo! Weather

Don Jose de La Mancha

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was 0 last night and its 6 degrees now .. you got a heat wave down there lol

you know how we tell if its cold up here .. your house wont start ...lol,

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been finding caves all over the Supers. Here is one that is a volcanic vent.

Attachments

• unmarked New volcanic cave.JPG
    unmarked New volcanic cave.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 605

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I do like using GoogleEarth in my research, these photos should show you how unreliable it really is. It does the mountains no justice. It looks like their is a giant "hole" or "cavern" in Weavers Needle from this view. Notice the "dark spots" are gone from the mountain on the left too. Most of the dark spots you see on Google, are gone in "real life" pictures.

Attachments

• Weavers Google pic small.jpg
    Weavers Google pic small.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 528
  • Weavers Real View.jpg
    Weavers Real View.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 547

Javaone

Aug 9, 2010
Phoenix
The western most part of the Supes are a higher resolution (possibly due to a much higher amount of hiking traffic/interest). The dark areas are 98% shadows - Also depending upon what time of day that image was taken by the satelite will obviously determine which way the shadows fall.

Here's a cool shot...

Skull - Copy.jpg

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EE THr said:
How can you tell it's a volcanic vent? There are a lot of shadows, how do you determine what it is?

The best answer I can give you on that question is, experence. I have searched satalite photos for 10 years. I also have found many things of interest.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it works for you, that's all that matters. It's similar to dowsing in that many folks will argue it back and forth that it's impossible, etc... but when it comes down to it, if someone has success with it - who cares how or why it works - just go with it :)

I'm one of those people who have a difficult if not impossible time seeing what people claim in google earth images and photos, but again I can't say stuff is NOT there, so if you see something, go out and investigate it - you may have found something exciting.

OP
OP
J

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it has a lot to do with color preception also. The little changes in color, even black to gray. I am able to read numbers on an eye test in color all the way to the end, while the doctor has to use the book in black and white, to see if I am right. Color indicates depth in pictures. But to avoide being fooled you have to rotate the picture in a circle. In other words go all the way around the object and see it from all different angles. That alone should tell you if it is a shadow or an actual cave. But again after looking at a million pictures it becomes easier. Another problem is the pixel, the resulation of the picture. It is easier to see what is what if the picture is sharp and crystle clear. Like the difference between an old TV and the new high resulation HD TV's. So pratice and you might be able to find something new.

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Cubfan---

Cubfan64 said:
If it works for you, that's all that matters. It's similar to dowsing in that many folks will argue it back and forth that it's impossible, etc... but when it comes down to it, if someone has success with it - who cares how or why it works - just go with it :)

Good point.

I think that nothing can be totally proven to another person; but ultimately only to oneself, which, as you say, is what is important.

But through communication, you can find a lot of stuff that may be worth looking into. Generally, I think sharing things in discussions are for this purpose, even though some ideas are not mainstream. After all, some unusual experiences might coincide, to at least some degree, with your own.

;D

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
CJ---

I really didn't have BB in mind when I was thinking that one through.

He comes temptingly close to convincing that he has some lofty intelligence, at times. But his past performance of glibness accompanied by attempts to back that up with total BS, has betrayed him, in my eyes. Maybe he will come around one of these days.

I would say that when someone has a lot of real data, and shows it to people, and puts forth a strong opinion based on very convincing confirmation, like you do with your LDM maps in reference to the Peralta Stones, that it constitutes graciously sharing valuable and hard earned work product information with others.

On the other hand, I think that a person who insists that he is totally right, only because he proclaims that he knows much more than anyone else, and offers no significant data to back it up, plus insults anyone who asks for some acceptable confirmation; is no longer contributing to a discussion, but instead his input actually has a negative worth. I won't mention any names.

8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread