What's new

CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE SWORD BUCKLE

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
3,465
Reaction score
2,997
Golden Thread
6
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
6
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sniffy picked me up at 7am and we headed up to a couple holes in his neck of the woods.was digging big iron pieces.my fourth target read half dollar at 4 inches.i dug a square nail and was saying it's gonna be one of them iron days :dontknow: then a flat piece of rusty iron came out of the hole.scanned the hole again and figuring there was still more iron in the hole i was digging carelessly when this buckle popped out :thumbsup: .i nicked it with my shovel :'( still more iron was in the hole and a brass piece too.so much stuff in one hole and was not expecting this find that's for sure.sniffy got skunked and i felt horrible that he didn't find any keepers. :(
my only other decent find was the flat button.no coins,no coppers but would really like to know if this is a union civil war eagle belt plate? any idea on the value would be appreciated too.
thanks all and have a great weekend!
dave
 

Attachments

  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 001 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 001 [].webp
    31 KB · Views: 7,737
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 007 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 007 [].webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 7,666
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 004 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 004 [].webp
    23 KB · Views: 7,680
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 009 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 009 [].webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 7,608
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 003 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 003 [].webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 7,596
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 010 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 010 [].webp
    20.9 KB · Views: 7,691
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 016 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 016 [].webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 7,469
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 019 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 019 [].webp
    24.7 KB · Views: 7,516
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 018 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 018 [].webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 7,563
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 011 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 011 [].webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 7,594
  • DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 015 [].webp
    DEC 12TH CELLAR HOLE SNIFFY 015 [].webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 7,558
Upvote 4
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Awesome display Dave.
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

WOW!!! Absolutely amazing!!! :thumbsup: HH
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Nice Banner find, great display! :headbang:
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

FANTASTIC!!!!
Congratulations!
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Awesome display
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Dream find right there!
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Love that buckle! Awesome finds!
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Great find man ,Congrats... :thumbsup:
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

CONGRATS awesome find...
 
Re: CELLAR HOLE HUNT*CIVIL WAR UNION EAGLE BUCKLE?

Thats one heck of a find. Congrats
 
:headbang:Nice plate!!! Mine is coming soon I live on a old fort dump! Good to see another hard core hard weather hunter. Yaaazooo !
 
hahaha I was going to say there's you center piece, then I see it really is... and I guess I still said it.

I'm still looking for mine. I have plenty of good finds but want something large and killer to stick in the middle. :thumbsup:
 
Iron Patch said:
hahaha I was going to say there's you center piece, then I see it really is... and I guess I still said it.

I'm still looking for mine. I have plenty of good finds but want something large and killer to stick in the middle. :thumbsup:

u boozin this morning ???
 
Iron Spiders said:
Iron Patch said:
hahaha I was going to say there's you center piece, then I see it really is... and I guess I still said it.

I'm still looking for mine. I have plenty of good finds but want something large and killer to stick in the middle. :thumbsup:

u boozin this morning ???


Heck no!


Don't start until 1pm.
 
realy nice plate hope you find the other pieces
 
I was going to say there's you center piece, then I see it really is... and I guess I still said it.

. I have plenty of good finds but want something large and killer to stick in the middle. thumbsup thanks
 
Wow! That's just stunning!

Congrats! :icon_thumright:

HH,

~Indiana Digger~
 
WOW!
Great Condition!
Congrats On this Banner Find!! :thumbsup:
Best wishes on retrieving the othre parts.
I don't see it up top yet, so here's another vote! :hello2:
 
steelheadwill said:
WOW!
Great Condition!
Congrats On this Banner Find!! :thumbsup:
Best wishes on retrieving the othre parts.
I don't see it up top yet, so here's another vote! :hello2:
who the heck dug this old thread up? :dontknow:
i made banner on this last year :laughing7:
 
Yours is in much better shape then mine is. I dug this out of a cellar hole site over the summer.
Great find,
Pro-
 

Attachments

  • 103_0553.webp
    103_0553.webp
    148.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • 103_0562.webp
    103_0562.webp
    46 KB · Views: 1,628

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom