What's new

~Cellar Hole Scouting Knightmare has a Happy Ending~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out on the mountain bike for some Cellar scouting miles out in the woods..It got crazy hot and i got lost for a while..Then my front tire went flat way out there:laughing7:.So hiking all the way back after hours out there i decided to hit this Pine grove near the road..Within minutes i pulled this sweet Colonial shoe buckle:headbang:

Then a flat button a while later.Anybody seen this backmark before?
It was pretty quiet then i pulled this Small Colonial buckle that had an iron chape or hinge..It's shaped kind of like a small maybe child's shoe buckle..I was wondering if it could be a hat buckle?Also found these cool old stone wall fields out in the middle but no finds out there at all..:icon_scratch:

Have fun out there:hello:

~Blaze
 

Attachments

  • P7190002.webp
    P7190002.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 234
  • P7190007.webp
    P7190007.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190010.webp
    P7190010.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P7190012.webp
    P7190012.webp
    87 KB · Views: 196
  • P7190013.webp
    P7190013.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 194
  • P7190014.webp
    P7190014.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 211
  • P7190015.webp
    P7190015.webp
    50 KB · Views: 198
  • P7190016.webp
    P7190016.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190017.webp
    P7190017.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 189
  • P7190018.webp
    P7190018.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 194
  • P7190019.webp
    P7190019.webp
    14 KB · Views: 186
  • P7190020.webp
    P7190020.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190022.webp
    P7190022.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 197
  • P7190024.webp
    P7190024.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190026.webp
    P7190026.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190027.webp
    P7190027.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 192
  • P7190028.webp
    P7190028.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190029.webp
    P7190029.webp
    16 KB · Views: 214
  • P7190030.webp
    P7190030.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 44
Blaze that's a nice shoe buckle man. I do believe that's a hat buckle. I've dug one and I believe it's shaped similarly.
View attachment 1338646


Abe that's a nice example the only difference is your pin running the long way represents a hat buckle but the pin in mine is more like a shoe?
Im stumped on this one i guess either way it's a cool find..

~Blaze
 
Nice finds Blaze. You never know what you can find in old fields
I hear ya Jim if it's a field or woods in the area of old homes bust out the detector..:icon_thumleft:
~Blaze
 
Love the buckles, well done
 
I used to love to go scouting out in the boondocks, the woods for company. A LOVELY way to spend a day. But, out there, by myself? Anymore, I'm afraid to walk to the local 7-11 alone. :dontknow:

You did VERY well!
 
Really great buckles. You need to post some pics after they've been treated - artifact makeover. I usually will soak mine in mineral oil and then gently brush it down - but that's me.
 
Very nice buckles!
 
I used to love to go scouting out in the boondocks, the woods for company. A LOVELY way to spend a day. But, out there, by myself? Anymore, I'm afraid to walk to the local 7-11 alone. :dontknow:

You did VERY well!


Have no fear buddy..Fear will eat you alive!I actually watch documentaries on overcoming Fear..But i do carry in a holster Bear spray at all times..

~Blaze
 
Sweet buckle, ,
Sorry to hear about the flat
Glad the hunt turned out good
 
Have no fear buddy..Fear will eat you alive!I actually watch documentaries on overcoming Fear..But i do carry in a holster Bear spray at all times..

~Blaze

Haha, rockin' the bear spray...excellent!
 
NICE BUCKLE .............
 
Last edited:
Sweet finds, getting lost is a good thing at times
 
Nice finds !!! Little hot out there for type of adventure, Congrats and HH
 
It's rare that flat tires and getting lost ends up to be a good news story. Some really great finds! I've never seen that kind of mark on the back of a flat button. Looks like a shield, possibly a coat of arms. Congrats and thanks for sharing!
 
Juan Fuego, you can call me El Supremo. That's what my friends call me 8-)

You have used your pass Stevano now get out there and dig Colonial..Stop Kirking off in the basement...
rofl.gif


~Blaze
 
It's rare that flat tires and getting lost ends up to be a good news story. Some really great finds! I've never seen that kind of mark on the back of a flat button. Looks like a shield, possibly a coat of arms. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Yes that flat button does have a shield on it..I was wondering if it was military?I did get a mild case of heat stroke..If i did not make those 3 finds i would have went home with a flat,heat stroked and skunked!!It's happend..

~Blaze
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom