What's new

~Cellar Hole Scouting Knightmare has a Happy Ending~

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
1,770
Golden Thread
2
Location
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Got out on the mountain bike for some Cellar scouting miles out in the woods..It got crazy hot and i got lost for a while..Then my front tire went flat way out there:laughing7:.So hiking all the way back after hours out there i decided to hit this Pine grove near the road..Within minutes i pulled this sweet Colonial shoe buckle:headbang:

Then a flat button a while later.Anybody seen this backmark before?
It was pretty quiet then i pulled this Small Colonial buckle that had an iron chape or hinge..It's shaped kind of like a small maybe child's shoe buckle..I was wondering if it could be a hat buckle?Also found these cool old stone wall fields out in the middle but no finds out there at all..:icon_scratch:

Have fun out there:hello:

~Blaze
 

Attachments

  • P7190002.webp
    P7190002.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 234
  • P7190007.webp
    P7190007.webp
    89.3 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190010.webp
    P7190010.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 196
  • P7190012.webp
    P7190012.webp
    87 KB · Views: 196
  • P7190013.webp
    P7190013.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 194
  • P7190018.webp
    P7190018.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 194
  • P7190017.webp
    P7190017.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 189
  • P7190016.webp
    P7190016.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190015.webp
    P7190015.webp
    50 KB · Views: 198
  • P7190014.webp
    P7190014.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 211
  • P7190026.webp
    P7190026.webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190024.webp
    P7190024.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 202
  • P7190022.webp
    P7190022.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 197
  • P7190020.webp
    P7190020.webp
    49.2 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190019.webp
    P7190019.webp
    14 KB · Views: 186
  • P7190027.webp
    P7190027.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 192
  • P7190028.webp
    P7190028.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 193
  • P7190029.webp
    P7190029.webp
    16 KB · Views: 214
  • P7190030.webp
    P7190030.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 225
Upvote 44
Looks like it needs more exploring. Take water and spend a day out there.....
 
I'd loooove to explore that place..!
 
Those buckles definitely saved your day brother!
 
From what I have read several places,,, those STONE WALLS were in place when the Indians arrived there,,
I do believe they are all a part of something very ancient,, the dolmens and other stone structures in those areas too.
Too bad much of this ANCIENT HISTORY is just being dozed over at will.
 
Great pictures, there is sure to be a trash pit around! Hope you find more!
 
Great looking buckles and cool button find, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Great shoe buckle! :thumbsup:
 
That shoe buckle is really nice... congrats on saving the day with those nice finds.
 
From what I have read several places,,, those STONE WALLS were in place when the Indians arrived there,,
I do believe they are all a part of something very ancient,, the dolmens and other stone structures in those areas too.
Too bad much of this ANCIENT HISTORY is just being dozed over at will.
Ahh yes i have heard of the ancient giant stone builders..Some were made by Colonial settlers but some,like these,are out in the middle of nothing with no cellar and no targets.They used them like Ley lines for conductivity of sorts..One thing i do remember is about 15 years ago i was clearing land with a front loader for my motocross track and found an underground stone wall..No walls around but when i started digging i couldn't find the bottom it baffled me but was clearly made as a wall..
Interesting stuff!

~Blaze
 
Great digs Blaze. I'm glad you settled into a good spot after all that BS you dealt with and scores! Those are the best hunts.

Nice buckles!!
 
What kind of bike you using for motocross? I rode mostly CR's - strarted with an 80 and topped out with a 500. Had a KX125 too, and a raptor 660.
 
What kind of bike you using for motocross? I rode mostly CR's - strarted with an 80 and topped out with a 500. Had a KX125 too, and a raptor 660.
You got it buddy i have had them all..I rode yamaha when i was younger but only Honda when i got older..Mostly CR250'S..

~Blaze
 
You got it buddy i have had them all..I rode yamaha when i was younger but only Honda when i got older..Mostly CR250'S..

~Blaze

Very nice! Never got into motocross but rode enduro type trail and single track. I had Yamahas and Hondas when I was younger, but got a KTM and a Husaberg when I was older. KTM and Husaberg (owned by KTM) are sick machines. I first made up my OutdoorAdv name for the advrider (Adventure Rider) forum. Ha I sold the Husaberg a few years ago to rationalize building a new motor for my 1966 Ford Bronco. I'll have another bike one day soon....

Oh... and great buckles dude! You woods hunters find all those complete buckles.... plows really did some damage. Glad your day ended with a "Happy Ending" :thumbsup: :laughing7:
 
Blaze that's a nice shoe buckle man. I do believe that's a hat buckle. I've dug one and I believe it's shaped similarly.
image.webp
 
Nice finds Blaze. You never know what you can find in old fields
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom