What's new

Charleston SC hunting

StephLeigh

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
91
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to metal detecting and Charleston. I'm looking for some good advice on the "ins and out" of decent places to search in Charleston. I'm thinking about checking out a MD group here. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Steph C
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, I know nothing about Charleston, but welcome to T NET. Im sure someone will give you some info.
 
welcome to Tnet,I've herd its loaded with history,might want to try the library,ask about old areas.Beachs,ponds or lakes and talk to older locals about your hobby,they might offer you help.Good luck hunting.
 
Thank you!
 
Folly Beach is a good spot to get started and get the hang of the basics such as pinpointing and locating your targets. Plus you never know what you could find there since the history goes back to the Civil War and earlier. There are lots of old parks in the area, but I've only detected Folly in my travels.
 
I've been away from Charleston for a couple years but Isle of Palms & Sullivan's Island beaches are decent places to hunt. I never hit Folly, although it was on my list of places to go, I just didn't make it out there. I would park a little ways away from the beaches on the street to avoid paying for parking.
There is an MD club in Summerville but I have no contact info for you.
Charleston county parks are of limits to MDing. You can get fined and have your equipment to include your car seized. Best thing to do is pursue privately owned land/yards and get permission. I used to call the people who had houses for sale by owner listed in the classified. Good luck.
 
I'm from up in Darlington but have family down that way. Don't know of any clubs or organizations around. What kind of dete acting you wanting to do, coinshooting, relic hunting, beach hunting?

Ice
 
Anywhere around Charleston, hunt only private lands with permission or risk getting arrested. Isle of Palms, Folly and Edisto are great beach hunting sites. They are hit fairly hard but as Max says there are always Depositors.
 
I am new to metal detecting also and from summerville.. would love to have someone to go with and learn teh ropes
 
worry not, with your pic you'll get lots of help
 
sorry doug I meant the girl and her pic ( although now that I look who is that babe with you?) post a larger pic of her and you will have friends too
 
Ha ha, no problem...thats Miss south carolina and Miss america runner up..just joined today so bear with the newbie routine..
 
no worries mate, we love newbies. especially baked for several hours
 
can you get me her number?
 
Baked is always the best.sorry lost the number
 
yeah, like I believe that
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom