All Treasure Hunting

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accidentally bought one thinking I was buying a real Garrett, they do not work at all. Thankfully I was refunded my money from amazon.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what i figured. Thanks for the confirmation.

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a cheap one off ebay. It's ok and would probably work as a loaner

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
images

Rothman

Jun 30, 2015
SW Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Garrett Infinium LS, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased one with the express purpose of having a complete detector/pointer setup for someone else to use. I think mines a "GTpoint" or something? It works pretty well. Functions just like the original Garrett pointer (not the carrot). Not nearly as sensitive as the carrot but it's actually pretty decent especially for the money.

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two off Amazon. Opened them up and put battery in. Turned one on and it beeped once and would not PP on the tip. The other one was dead on arrival. Sent them both back and bought the Garrett carrot. Best thing I did. Learned to stay away from the junk.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I just acquired a Pudibe brand labeled one (latest model that still looks like the Garret Carrot for around $28). I took the risk, but it works in air tests.

I never had a PP before, but it looks to perform like a PP at low sensitivity (in other words good enough).

Coins 1.5-2 inches with tip being the most sensitive.

Crumbled up foil the size of a BB only registers while touching the very tip.

People will probably scoff at that, but that's good enough for me being that I put off from getting one for a very long time.

It supposed to be waterproof, but I'm not taking that chance with this one (except probe part, and light rain despite that I Teflon taped the battery cover threads).

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I just acquired a Pudibe brand labeled one (latest model that still looks like the Garret Carrot for around $28). I took the risk, but it works in air tests.

I never had a PP before, but it looks to perform like a PP at low sensitivity (in other words good enough).

People will probably scoff at that, but that's good enough for me being that I put off from getting one for a very long time.

It supposed to be waterproof, but I'm not taking that chance with this one (except probe part, and light rain despite that I Teflon taped the battery cover threads).

Btw: I put a zip tie between the lanyard holder, and the screw on battery cap to reinforce the seams just incase they try to split from screwing on said cap. Ounce of prevention....

Attachments

• IMG_20220324_233255.jpg
    IMG_20220324_233255.jpg
    600.5 KB · Views: 33

Meganpr1

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2022

Got it! Thank you!!

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Thank you!! I really appreciate all your help!! I will let you know as soon as I get my detector and which one I got!!
Y/W Cool.

Btw I deleted the link to this page from your introduction because it might be a grey area of posting links to nonsponser suppliers. But none of the sponsers here sell that pp here so it's grey area thing.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of an ex stripper/call girl i used to date...looked the part on the outside, but damn, she was damaged goods on the inside...

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

Reminds me of ex call girl i used to date...looked the part on the outside, but damn, she was damaged goods on the inside...
Well the Chinese knockoff I got gets things done.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep seeing ads for cheap Garrett knockoff pinpointers. I have 2 Garretts and love them. I often times take people detecting with me and don't have enough pinpointers for everybody. Has anybody tried the knockoffs? Are they any good? Thanks
I bought one for $28 on Amazon. It was like a kids toy. Worthless in the field. Returned it for a full refund.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used

I bought one for $28 on Amazon. It was like a kids toy. Worthless in the field. Returned it for a full refund.
Did it have the lanyard holder as a ring that went between the battery cap, and the pp body? Or was it the lanyard holder that was a molded part of the body?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread