Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Chesapeake Bay Gold..

The Chesapeake Bay has many old beach (83+), 99% are now closed, sold and private. To hunt them you have to walk from a access point which can be from a few hundred yards to over a mile, unless you have a boat. Love the boat because it's like a pit stop, you can take your breaks and spend more time at locations, and change out machines or coils if you see the need.

First trip out with the boat to a old private bay beach about 45 minutes away. Had a great time with my buddy Joe in Maryland who's parents had a beach house a few miles north of this location and his dad had ran a small produce stand at the beachcomber here in the 60's. Amazing Joe could still place all that was there during the 60's. Once hunting I could tell the locals had hit the place real hard, very recently, but both of us were able to pulled a few keepers...Mine was a old gold from the early 1900's

OBN0157.jpg OBN0155.jpg OBN0146.jpg

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The Chesapeake Bay has many old beach (83+), 99% are now closed, sold and private. To hunt them you have to walk from a access point which can be from a few hundred yards to over a mile, unless you have a boat. Love the boat because it's like a pit stop, you can take your breaks and spend more time at locations, and change out machines or coils if you see the need.

First trip out with the boat to a old private bay beach about 45 minutes away. Had a great time with my buddy Joe in Maryland who's parents had a beach house a few miles north of this location and his dad had ran a small produce stand at the beachcomber here in the 60's. Amazing Joe could still place all that was there during the 60's. Once hunting I could tell the locals had hit the place real hard, very recently, but both of us were able to pulled a few keepers...Mine was a old gold from the early 1900's

View attachment 989304 View attachment 991073 View attachment 989743

Nice find and nice boat. Frank...

OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Frank, I'm still a rookie at the boat thing. Someday I will look you up when I feel more confident about my boating abilities. I'll be living down OCMD for the summer but once I get back in Oct maybe we can hit that island you spoke of, sounds like a great adventure.

stbatton

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2015
Phoenix Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an older post, not really sure where to post but.... I am a new hunter that loves the water. I have a Excaliber 2 that I am planning on searching the old beach areas/ amusement parks. I own an old Deadrise Draketail (45ft) that I plan to use as my excursion vessel. I have been plying the bay on one vessel or another for 40 yrs and thought this might be something fun to try. If anyone is interested in something like this let me know. Boat is in the Northern bay. So my first trip may be Betterton come spring time.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I'm able to get a water detecter by then I am very interested. I'm tired of land detecting in Maryland. I don't own a boat but I'll chip in some gas and beer.

motomandan

Dec 20, 2015
Mechanicsville MD
Detector(s) used
1266x (sold)
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be interested. What about Mago Vista Beach Club. I remember finding coins under the decking when they tore it down

stbatton

Tenderfoot
Dec 29, 2015
Phoenix Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will touch base with you guys once the boating season gets under way. I am not familiar with Mago Vista.

rykroll

Mar 26, 2014
Annapolis, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, SeaHunter Mark 2, Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds awesome I can't wait! The mago vista boat club has a lot of history. Before it was a boat club it was a amusement park, the property has a lot of history.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck guys! I was once told by a Old Timer you can jump out any where in the Bay and there is a Good chance of finding treasure.

captbo

Jan 1, 2015
Calvert Co Md / Atlantic NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800.Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250
Deteknix X pointer
Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of places to search !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread