What's new

Checkout the flaking on this one.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went all day but didnt find any great things. Pottery and a piece of a stone bowl. My friend found this Heart Stopper but it is broken but checkout the flaking on it. I know it would of been a great one and he was nice enough to give it to me. By the inclusions in the stone I do believe it is Hematite and also the weight of it. Maybe next time a whole one will surface. HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_4380.webp
    100_4380.webp
    144.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_4382.webp
    100_4382.webp
    153 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_4386.webp
    100_4386.webp
    142.7 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
This is what iron ones look like after over 200 yrs. In the ocean.
I have that in electrolysis now.

ForumRunner_20131022_162549.webp
 
I agree with the iron. I think it's slag. Pretty much what Gator already stated. I can see the yellow tint around the edges, where light is penetrating the thin spots. Glass that has been run over and weathered just looks worked. I still pick some glass out of fields and send Gator pics. Just for reinforcement. Gator is the only person that I know, cyber personally, that has found worked glass. Cyber personally..... Wow! That's a pretty wild trip, huh?

The yellow tint is mud. I was standing rite there when he reached down and pulled it from the mud.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom