Christmas List

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I just dumped $700+ in nickels today from my last week of CRH...had some decent finds. 9 x war nicks, 3 buffs, and 2 proofs. Now that I made this a CRH thread (since I didn't know where else to out it) has anyone thought to ask for silver/gold for Christmas?! I know I did! I'm 30 but my family has always had a tradition of making Christmas lists, including grandparents, so I thought why not?!?!

I asked for the missing ASE's to my growing collection as well as other random silver items anyone can find at a LCS.

Tis the season to grow my stash!!!

HH

Upvote 0
What is the cut off date to get my list in? :hello:

Beans said:
What is the cut off date to get my list in? :hello:

I'd say you have up until the 11th hour (or before the last LCS closes on Xmas eve!)

I am thinking of trading in some of my silver for some AU for christmas, a little gift to myself that I earned myself :)

BuffaloBoy said:
1996 is the key year for ASE's

I already have the 3 I need from this year. Got off of eBay while silver was low.

I am building a collection of 3 ASE's from every year...hopefully Santa or my wife can help fill in a few missing pieces this year!!!

BuffaloBoy said:
I am thinking of trading in some of my silver for some AU for christmas, a little gift to myself that I earned myself :)

I'd say go for it! My dad brought me some 5 and 10 gram "bars" a few years ago while he was traveling for work in Dubai. I think he needs to go back!!

Josephiking said:
I'm asking all my relatives for cash or silver bars!

Might as well! I figure this trick could really work for some of the younger folks on this site...ask and you shall receive!

Coin Town said:
Might as well! I figure this trick could really work for some of the younger folks on this site...ask and you shall receive!

True that!

all I asked for was silver/coins, and red book 2013 and a loupe, my parents are upset at me, there all like "were not geting you investments for christmas", kinda pisses me off because if thats what i want i dont see what the issue is...

My List:

1 can of pork n beans (w/ $50 bill taped to it)
1 box of Malt O Meal (w/ $50 bill taped to it)
1 2 liter of Diet Coke (w/ $50 bill taped to it)

I'm a pretty simple guy. Lol
Seriously tho- that's how my in-laws shop for each other! No more guessing whether they will like what they get.

$150 could get me a good handful of coins to add to my growing foreign silver type set.

My List:

1 can of pork n beans (w/ $50 bill taped to it)
1 box of Malt O Meal (w/ $50 bill taped to it)
1 2 liter of Diet Coke (w/ $50 bill taped to it)

I'm a pretty simple guy. Lol
Seriously tho- that's how my in-laws shop for each other! No more guessing whether they will like what they get.

$150 could get me a good handful of coins to add to my growing foreign silver type set.
$150 could buy you a box of twinkies off Ebay.

all I asked for was silver/coins, and red book 2013 and a loupe, my parents are upset at me, there all like "were not geting you investments for christmas", kinda pisses me off because if thats what i want i dont see what the issue is...

Yeah I agree with your parents, to think a young person wanting to invest in thier futures. The Nerve. Just Kidding I wish I would have been wise enough to invest in anything when I was a lot younger. Here is a hint, when you get what they buy for you, open the wrapping paper only and then ask your parents for the receipts. Parents I really like it but I wanted the red one, can I have the receipt for exchange? Just saying not telling you to be dishonest with your parents.

I traded in some AG on Saturday and bought myself a present.

Full_Size.jpg

This way I know that my 40%'s went to a good Christmas Present..:laughing7:

This weapon is on the proposed ban so I jumped when I found one that I wanted...

I asked for a pre-1965 quarter that someone turned into a ring. It looks pretty cool. I'm pretty sure someone is buying for me. Might also get Franklin half dollar turned into a ring too. I'll post pictures after I get it.

I gifted myself a huge hunk of silver this year. It's the thing in my avatar. My kids will be eating rice-a-roni for Christmas.

solielj said:
I asked for a pre-1965 quarter that someone turned into a ring. It looks pretty cool. I'm pretty sure someone is buying for me. Might also get Franklin half dollar turned into a ring too. I'll post pictures after I get it.

Sounds interesting! Hope you get it cause I want to see it!!!

Sounds interesting! Hope you get it cause I want to see it!!!

Prety easy to do. I have made a couple with quarters and one with a dime. I started one with a half dollar but didn't finish it.

I'm asking for a Remington 30-06 rifle for christmas...and if I don't get it, I'm trading in silver to get it for my self.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back