What's new

Christmas Tree points.

quito

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
4,638
Reaction score
4,844
Golden Thread
0
Location
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I like the shape of them.

Anyone else have any?

A7F09225-4DCB-4CFF-9F46-B5A5B2914FEA.webp
 
Upvote 0
File #1 139.webp


I guess you could call this one my ''little'' Charlie Brown tree.
 
Ice covered tree Happy Holidays to everyone .
 

Attachments

  • P3183692.webp
    P3183692.webp
    836.5 KB · Views: 87
  • P3193714.webp
    P3193714.webp
    362.3 KB · Views: 79
Found by Jesse Brown at Swans Landing Harrison County Indiana, resides in my collection.
20180905_070828.webp
 
Here’s one.
 

Attachments

  • 75D212B9-DDD9-4C20-B988-57F8AAECCE4C.webp
    75D212B9-DDD9-4C20-B988-57F8AAECCE4C.webp
    97 KB · Views: 124
  • C2643C15-6BEC-43DE-8CF4-76348D435992.webp
    C2643C15-6BEC-43DE-8CF4-76348D435992.webp
    55.7 KB · Views: 118
Found both of these the same day. Tips repaired.


hAB8LYF.jpg
 

Attachments

  • points.webp
    points.webp
    133.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
We celebrate "Festivus." Here's the Festivus fern...

IMG_2418.webp
Let the "Airing of Greivances" commence...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Here’s one.

Wow. I remember the feeling of finding pieces like that. Must have put a thrill up your leg like Chris Mathews. Wow!
 
We celebrate "Festivus." Here's the Festivus fern...


Let the "Airing of Greivances" commence...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Let's not forget the feats of strength. :laughing7:
 
Dognose : Awesome Pine Tree, for sure. But on my screen it looks green. Incredibly high quality Attica ?
 
Dognose : Awesome Pine Tree, for sure. But on my screen it looks green. Incredibly high quality Attica ?

It might be Harrison County flint. Dognose posted an unreal E-notch Thebes made from Harrison County flint (I believe) about a year ago and another artifact of the same material. Here are a few in Harrison County flint from Lar Hothem's "Indian Artifacts: The Best of the Midwest - Identification & Value Guide." His E-notch should have had a place in that book. I'd love to find anything made from that material.

IMG_0981.webp

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/north-american-indian-artifacts/596042-harrison-county.html

Here's the E-notch Thebes. Doesn't look much like a Christmas tree though...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...artifacts/596759-favorite-e-notch-thebes.html

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Last edited:
“It might be Harrison County flint. Dognose posted an unreal E-notch Thebes made from Harrison County flint (I believe) about a year ago and another artifact of the same material. Here are a few in Harrison County flint from Lar Hothem's "Indian Artifacts: The Best of the Midwest - Identification & Value Guide." His E-notch should have had a place in that book. I'd love to find anything made from that material”

I have that book I thought something got screwed up in the printing process and the colors were a mistake

I know a weird way to do a quote but I didn’t want to pull all of it
 
I have that book I thought something got screwed up in the printing process and the colors were a mistake

I don't think so. I've never seen anything made from Harrison County flint in person, but the photos of it all seem to be greenish, which is what makes a Pine Tree made from Harrison County flint extra cool. Here are a couple more of the same material that Dognose posted a while back...

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...acts/598156-miami-county-ohio-heavy-duty.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/n...cleaning-some-frame-will-post-some-finds.html

I like that book. Unfortunately mine's covered in drool.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Last edited:
Oops I was more poking fun at myself not questioning the book guess I didn’t make that clear, the green just looks so foreign compared to all the other material
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom