What's new

Civil War Bullet Collision

Appalachianman76

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2016
Messages
192
Reaction score
209
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some detecting around the trenches today. One of my finds is what looks to be a mid-air collision and fusion of a .36 or .40 caliber roundball and a .58 caliber minie ball. I'd heard about these and seen pictures, but never thought I'd find one!
 

Attachments

  • 20161003_165422.webp
    20161003_165422.webp
    182.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 20161003_165453.webp
    20161003_165453.webp
    327.7 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 56
Wow...what a cool find! I've saw these but they are super rare and that is an excellent specimen..great find! Ddf
 
Really neet find!!
 
Congrats on a really GREAT find.
 
That's super awesome. That saved possibly a life or two! Amazing relic for sure!
 
Don't see that very often. Congrats.

HH RN
 
First time I've ever seen that. Ultra cool find man!
 
WOW!! Nice find! I bet those don't show up very often.
 
That is simply an awesome find.
 
Smashing find :laughing7: Congrats !
 
Holy cow!!! That is an incredible find!! Thanks for posting it! Congrats and HH
 
Wow, so cool! Probably the only one we'll ever see. Thanks for sharing, and congrats! -Lisa & John
 
Seems to me this should be a banner find on the cool factor alone, not to mention the rarity! Think about the fact that for this to happen, two soldiers had to be firing directly at each other ans if one had been just a little off in his aim, it may have ended badly for both of them....
 
Why would the larger bullet suffer the most damage? I wouldn't be too certain that what's pictured is the result of a collision......
 
Seems to me this should be a banner find on the cool factor alone, not to mention the rarity! Think about the fact that for this to happen, two soldiers had to be firing directly at each other ans if one had been just a little off in his aim, it may have ended badly for both of them....[/QUOTE

I totally agree "BANNER" all the way.:occasion14:

One of the Best examples I have ever seen of collided projectiles .
Many are melted together , or fused in a (Weapon Clearing Area) , also many fakes .

IMO w/o seeing it in person ,Def, looks to be the real deal ....A ball shot & a Minnie .....So Cool.

This find would be one of my top 3 , likely Number 1.

Did it come from a Wet or Damp area.?

This need's to be on the Scroll IMHO.
WOW!
Davers:notworthy:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom