What's new

civil war eagle button, revolutionary war spectacles

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
The button field keeps on giving. Only got out for two hours this afternoon. Had to put the snow blower on the John Deere, (how depressing), and get everything ready for winter.
Found a nice General Services eagle button which could date from 1854 or later. No back on it so I won't be able to dated it any closer than that.
The half of the specticles date from 1750 to 1780 according to Neumann and Kravic's Collector's Illustrated Enc"yclopedia of the American Revolution" Page 247.
The small button could be scottish, it has thistle flowers on it. The larger button is an early 1800 tombac button, and the small coin (size of half dime) is a chinese cash coin, that I cannot identify yet.
I was really excited about the eagle button, since it is my first from the civil war era. I have found another but it is from the indian wars.
The evening ended with a beautiful sunset and the sound of hunters in the backround, (deer season). Thanks for looking.
..Lance
 

Attachments

  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 327.webp
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 327.webp
    76 KB · Views: 561
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 323.webp
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 323.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 563
Upvote 0
Good Stuff, Comfy. Nice picture, too.

I hope you're wearing your safety orange hat instead of your moose antler novelty hat. ::)
 
Good stuff Lance!

HH

Lonewolfe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom