What's new

civil war era spur?

mrtwintower

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
found this spur at the site of an old fort. can anyone tell me who might have worn this? officer? what is it made of? are there some websites that might be of help? thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSC03747.webp
    DSC03747.webp
    268.1 KB · Views: 333
mrtwintower said:
as you can tell, I am new to this, how do I make the image smaller?
Not sure what program you use?
I use microsoft photo editor and just resize the image.Only the width and keep it under 2.12 and it always does find for me. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • DSC03747[1].webp
    DSC03747[1].webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 344
Upvote 0
mrtwintower said:
as you can tell, I am new to this, how do I make the image smaller?
I use Photoshop . I'm such a novice that I can't tell you how . Hopefuly some knowlegeable person will come to your aid .
Just wanted to say you have an interesting post .
 
Upvote 0
I just use MSPaint. Click File, then open, then choose your photo. After it's loaded, click Image, then click Resize and change both %'s to 50 and if it's still too large, just do it again.
 

Attachments

  • hugephoto.webp
    hugephoto.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 328
Upvote 0
Yea your pic pulled up on mine 40.... something I had to bring it down to 10.88 on photo editor to get it to fit.My pics never pull up more than around 12.00 with a 10 meg nikon camera.At any point it's resized. :D And is a nice find! :thumbsup:
Take Care! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
That is one heck of a spur!
 
Upvote 0
daruffa- thank you once again! learning more about metal detecting and computers all at once!
 
Upvote 0
Type Picture re sizer/free version in your search engine. And look around for free version download. Very easy to use.
 
Upvote 0
I dont see any dates, names, numbers any place on it. Where on a spur would you find these marks? I spose use and time may have worn them down.
 
Upvote 0
thats it! thanks very much. sure wish it wasnt broken. so it goes. thanks again all!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom