What's new

Civil War or Earlier Brass Badge??

FoxHound0985

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2005
Messages
585
Reaction score
1,631
Golden Thread
1
Location
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this today at a site in Indiana that has produced relics dating to the War of 1812 through the Civil War. The area in which it was found used to be a military training ground for local militia companies. Any ideas on this one? I swear I've seen one of these before but I have no idea where. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1151.webp
    DSCN1151.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 602
  • DSCN1152.webp
    DSCN1152.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 561
  • DSCN1151.webp
    DSCN1151.webp
    51.5 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCN1152.webp
    DSCN1152.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 493
horse harness hardware.
 
Upvote 0
There was some discussion on here a while back that addressed these shields and their shape. I can't seem to be able to find it, but as I recall, there were two variations of this .. one with a left handed curve and one with a right handed curve. They had some particular application, but I just can't remember what it was at the moment.
 
Upvote 0
Some confederate ones..

Blaze..
 

Attachments

  • grimsley.webp
    grimsley.webp
    82.7 KB · Views: 713
  • FR%20ColorCSShield.webp
    FR%20ColorCSShield.webp
    7.8 KB · Views: 732
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
horse harness hardware.

Agreed, must be hard to pin down a date, but those missing attachments fit perfectly well into the 19th C.
 
Upvote 0
creskol said:
There was some discussion on here a while back that addressed these shields and their shape. I can't seem to be able to find it, but as I recall, there were two variations of this .. one with a left handed curve and one with a right handed curve. They had some particular application, but I just can't remember what it was at the moment.

Good memory creskol :icon_thumright: I recall reading about these left/right curved shields, but was it on Tnet or W&E Treasures :icon_scratch: I'll search a bit :read2:

Cool find PinFire :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
I actually think these particular ones go on the straps on the head of a horse.
This is why they are curved to each side of the horses head :icon_scratch:


Blaze....
 
Upvote 0
When I find some time, will search some more. I agree with Creskol that the curved shields were recently featured, just can't remember where and the specifics on the ID :D :read2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom