Civil War Payroll gold may have been found in Elk County PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is clear the FBI and military have been in the area looking for their as in Union gold over the recent months. High tech military planes don't conduct maneuvers below the ridgelines in this area.

Not true. A couple times I have been on hilltops and would hear a plane flying in my direction. I pointed my camera up to take a photo and guess what . They were flying below me, below the ridgeline. Ask anyone who lives in the area, they fly below the hilltops quite often.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not true. A couple times I have been on hilltops and would hear a plane flying in my direction. I pointed my camera up to take a photo and guess what . They were flying below me, below the ridgeline. Ask anyone who lives in the area, they fly below the hilltops quite often.

Exactly, they fly at treetop to simulate combat conditions, its very common.

Secondly, has anyone noticed that "Timbersnort" signed up when this thread started and has posted no where else but here? Furthermore, his, syntax, sentence structure, punctuation, spelling, dictum and grammar is nearly identical to the other member making the claims and always in support of said member, plus he coincidently, claims to have been at the FBI site too. I'll have to re-read the rules, but most forums, it is against forum policy to have multiple accounts as it speaks to integrity and transparency of the members.

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was curious as I cannot find it anywhere(just a tiny photo on your website that I cannot make out much), but could you (finderkeeper) post a good sized, clear photo of the Civil War artifacts found at Dent's Run? I would like to see those things found there and the evidence of Union activity in the general area of the FBI location.

Last edited:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Only a Federal Court can answer that question, You should know that. If that was a FBI plane over Dents Run I know what they are looking for and it would not surprise me at all. I told them about something in the area but would not give them the location. I know what tool they are using and its good. Lets see how good. If they don't find it then they will try to get me in the area again :BangHead:. This should be good. Every day it gets better.

First Post Here although I've been following it All... WOW is all I can say! I've never had any interaction with you FinderKeeper but I'd like to take a guess on the 'tool' you said they were using if you have the okay to confirm or deny..
Aircraft and/or Drone LIDAR is my guess.

This thread has been so up and down... I don't even know what to say except I sincerely hope you find/found what you have been searching for.

Kace

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Post Here although I've been following it All... WOW is all I can say! I've never had any interaction with you FinderKeeper but I'd like to take a guess on the 'tool' you said they were using if you have the okay to confirm or deny..
Aircraft and/or Drone LIDAR is my guess.

This thread has been so up and down... I don't even know what to say except I sincerely hope you find/found what you have been searching for.

Kace

NO , this is so new not many know about it. We were asked to try it out at our other sites. It has no name yet. I want to see how it works to.

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, they fly at treetop to simulate combat conditions, its very common.

Secondly, has anyone noticed that "Timbersnort" signed up when this thread started and has posted no where else but here? Furthermore, his, syntax, sentence structure,dictum and grammar is nearly identical to the other member making the claims and always in support of said member, plus he coincidently, claims to have been at the FBI site too. I'll have to re-read the rules, but most forums, it is against forum policy to have multiple accounts as it speaks to integrity and transparency of the members.

Hay , You are good at what you do, Not sure what that is yet but keep up the good work. I know were you are going with this and you are WAY OFF but hay you know more than I do, RIGHT :dontknow:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scan_20180203 (2).png Scan_20180203 (3).jpg Q Scan_20180203 (5).png UOTE=Worm-Slicer;5790258]I was curious as I cannot find it anywhere(just a tiny photo on your website that I cannot make out much), but could you (finderkeeper) post a good sized, clear photo of the Civil War artifacts found at Dent's Run? I would like to see those things found there and the evidence of Union activity in the general area of the FBI location.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay , You are good at what you do, Not sure what that is yet but keep up the good work. I know were you are going with this and you are WAY OFF but hay you know more than I do, RIGHT :dontknow:

15 years in LE and 6 in the Military(389th Eng Bt), makes one biased toward being fact based. I stick to the facts, not bias confirmation, not speculation, not conjecture, not even a whole lot of wishful thinking (though at times, at a new site, its hard to temper the wishful thinking...lol). Bias confirmation is dangerous, it leads one to conclusions that don't exist. For example, seeing a Marine Corp Military Transport plane flying over, and then declaring, without facts, a narrative that fits one's view. Declaring FBI on board (unknown), declaring it was searching for treasure(unknown), declaring it was scanning the ground with some sort of high tech ground penetrating treasure seeking radar (unknown).

The only facts known was that it was a Boeing V22 Osprey Marine Corp Military Transport Plane that was flying low over the terrain. That is all that is know, period. You want facts, Go the nearest airport and through the freedom of information act, obtain flight records for that day. This will list the aircraft type, flight route, flight times, flight altitudes, number of souls on board, fuel level, pilot, proposed route etc. Then request flight logs for weeks before and after to see if there is pattern or if they are flying over different areas too which may indicate training missions. That is a start, and even then, doesn't get you to the conclusion that it was scanning the ground from treasure, that will require even more inquiry with different agencies.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1581690 View attachment 1581692 Q View attachment 1581695 UOTE=Worm-Slicer;5790258]I was curious as I cannot find it anywhere(just a tiny photo on your website that I cannot make out much), but could you (finderkeeper) post a good sized, clear photo of the Civil War artifacts found at Dent's Run? I would like to see those things found there and the evidence of Union activity in the general area of the FBI location.
[/QUOTE]

In all due respect, many of those artifacts were dated by Museum Historians to be from the 1880's or later, possibly hunting camps. See attached letter:

letter.jpg

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you are at it again. Thank You for posting this. I had hope you would. I kept this on my web site , WHY , Why would I keep it there:dontknow: To prove how fake the report is. I want everyone to know this is the kind of thing the museum commissioners can do and no one questions them. Please put up the rest of the report or I will. Thank You

View attachment 1581705 [/QUOTE] It says the artifacts are junk, Ya they are but they prove someone was there during the civil war period. Not worth much money but it does tell us some one camped here . We located a lot of bullets , bottles, and more that DCNR has under lock and key at the DCNR office in Emporium Pa. WHY for 13 yrs have them in a office locked up and not in the basement with other found junk. We were told we could have them back by the museum but DCNR will not return the so called junk. WE had some of the best experts in the area look at this and they picked out 16 artifacts that were from the civil war period.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all due respect, many of those artifacts were dated by Museum Historians to be from the 1880's or later, possibly hunting camps. See attached letter:
I see you are at it again. Thank You for posting this. I had hope you would. I kept this on my web site , WHY , Why would I keep it there:dontknow: To prove how fake the report is. I want everyone to know this is the kind of thing the museum commissioners can do and no one questions them. Please put up the rest of the report or I will. Thank You

View attachment 1581705
[/QUOTE]

Feel free to post it up, the more facts the better! Also, notice I did not say all the artifacts were, as some may indeed be from that Era, not uncommon to find mid century items in the countryside. But again, avoid the bias confirmation, finding mid 19th Century artifacts does not mean Gold is buried. The items I can make out in the pictures, a bullet, an animal foot hold trap, a shell casing and bottle are common items from the 19th century and only factually confirm that someone discarded or lost them in that area. (the rest of the pics are to small to decipher, if you have more detailed photos, would you mind sharing?)

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 1581690 View attachment 1581692 Q View attachment 1581695 UOTE=Worm-Slicer;5790258]I was curious as I cannot find it anywhere(just a tiny photo on your website that I cannot make out much), but could you (finderkeeper) post a good sized, clear photo of the Civil War artifacts found at Dent's Run? I would like to see those things found there and the evidence of Union activity in the general area of the FBI location.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I appreciate you posting it. I honestly don't see any definitive Civil War artifacts. The bullet and casing might be, but it's blurry and I can't identify what type it is. In the iron artifacts I see what appears to be a trap? That's really all I can make out with those too and I'm not a bottle expert so I can't say if that is Civil War or post war (although the bubbles in the glass and the way it's made looks a lot like Civil War bottles I've seen, but could still be post-war.) Not trying to stir up trouble, but just looking at what is identifiable in the photos, I don't see anything 100% Civil War era.

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 years in LE and 6 in the Military(389th Eng Bt), makes when fact based. I stick to the facts, not bias confirmation, not speculation, not conjecture, not even a whole lot of wishful thinking (though at times, at a new site, its hard to temper the wishful thinking...lol). Bias confirmation is dangerous, it leads one to conclusions that don't exist. For example, seeing a Marine Corp Military Transport plane flying over, and then declaring, without facts, a narrative that fits one's view. Declaring FBI on board (unknown), declaring it was searching for treasure(unknown), declaring it was scanning the ground with some sort of high tech ground penetrating treasure seeking radar (unknown).

The only facts known was that it was a Boeing V22 Osprey Marine Corp Military Transport Plane that was flying low over the terrain. That is all that is know, period. You want facts, Go the nearest airport and through the freedom of information act, obtain flight records for that day. This will list the aircraft type, flight route, flight times, flight altitudes, number of souls on board, fuel level, pilot, proposed route etc. Then request flight logs for weeks before and after to see if there is pattern or if they are flying over different areas too which may indicate training missions. That is a start, and even then, doesn't get you to the conclusion that it was scanning the ground from treasure, that will require even more inquiry with different agencies.
Why are you telling me about the plane I did not post it but you think I did , O well keep up the good work. Thank You

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you telling me about the plane I did not post it but you think I did , O well keep us the good work. Thank You

Do you know their name? They claimed to have been at the FBI dig?

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know their name? They claimed to have been at the FBI dig?

There were 3 members that posted on this site that were DRIVING BY the FBI dig, Ya they said they were at the FBI site but they took pictures while they drove by, Look at the photos they posted while driving by. One member was at the dig site a day after. You make more of this than it is , WHY :icon_scratch: These are good members and I did not know any of them but I do now. Keep up the good work :notworthy:

Last edited:

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I appreciate you posting it. I honestly don't see any definitive Civil War artifacts. The bullet and casing might be, but it's blurry and I can't identify what type it is. In the iron artifacts I see what appears to be a trap? That's really all I can make out with those too and I'm not a bottle expert so I can't say if that is Civil War or post war (although the bubbles in the glass and the way it's made looks a lot like Civil War bottles I've seen, but could still be post-war.) Not trying to stir up trouble, but just looking at what is identifiable in the photos, I don't see anything 100% Civil War era.[/QUOTE]

My point is did you see anything from the world war 1 period. This is what the Museum says world war 1. So all the people that I had look at the artifacts were not even close to civil war period, sorry I don't think so and soon as this is over I hope to prove how far off the museum was.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were 3 members that posted on this site that were DRIVING BY the FBI dig, Ya they said they were at the FBI site but they took pictures while they drove by, Look at the photos they posted while driving by. One member was at the dig site a day after. You make more of this than it is , WHY :icon_scratch: These are good members and I did not know any of them but do now. Keep up the good work :notworthy:

I'm not talking about the other known legit members, we're talking about one member in particular who recently signed up and immediately started posting in this thread and this thread only. He even claims to have talked to the excavator operator with the FBI present. Further, he claims he saw the FBI loading "boxes".

It is clear he wants us to believe he was present at the dig and all of his posts have been pushing sensationalism with unsubstantiated claims, they weren't the posts you'd see from a casual observer driving by with no vested interested in the outcome or perception of an outcome.

Question, were you present when the FBI was digging?

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is did you see anything from the world war 1 period. This is what the Museum says world war 1. So all the people that I had look at the artifacts were not even close to civil war period, sorry I don't think so and soon as this is over I hope to prove how far off the museum was.

The Museum said they were World War I artifacts? Because in their letter, they date some of the artifacts to 1880 in point of fact. See attachments:

letter.jpg
letter 2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread