North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CLADiator attacked by 7 Dwarfs!!! '@@'

Hotter than two mice making whoopie in a wool sock this weekend here in NC. Sorry, that's a southern saying I learned when I moved here. :D
Ridley and I did a hit and run on a few parks and playgrounds today. Nothing but clad and trinkets for me, and another Chuck-E-Cheese token (2005). My oldest coin was a 1974 quarter, and I got that from the guy at Wendy's when I got my change back from lunch. :-[
I did find a small silver baby spoon too that has some engraving.
The highlight of my day though was on the last park we hunted. I was hunting a play area, while Ridley was off in the distance hunting a hill. All of a sudden I was swarmed by a bunch of small kids who just arrived for a birthday party.
I was circled, and EVERY signal I would get, they would pounce on it and dig it up with their hands. Of course they wanted to keep the finds. So after losing out on a few bucks of clad, I started worrying what would happen if I found a nice piece of jewelry? I pictured myself running after a kid and tackling him to get it back. Probably wouldn't go too well with the parents right there. ;D I then look up and see Ridley laughing his -ss off at me while he is joyfully enjoying his hunt.
Folks, that was it. It was time for the ol' "Miner Maneuver". As soon as I told them that "that guy up on the hill was finding all the GOOD stuff", they went after Ridley like a pack of starving wolves. Ha, ha, ha!!! ;D I think I heard the words "OH SH-T" come out of his mouth as they attacked him, but I'm not quite sure. ;D ;D ;D
It was a fun day even though it was a scorcher here. I also got to ride in the Ridleymobile. It's the only Ford in existence that has over 350,000 miles on it!!! Yes, I said FORD! Unbelievable!
I hope everyone has a great week.
-MM-
P.S. Hopefully Ridley will tell you about the Dad hitting baseballs AT him. ;D

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 467
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 464
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 459
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 469
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 464
Upvote 0

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: CLADiator attacked by 7 Dwarfs!!! '@@'

DO YOU THINK THAT THE BABY SPOON MIGHT BE A GLIMPS IN TO YOUR FUTURE IN ABOUT 9 MONTHS ??? :o

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Lol sounds like you two had a great time!I love the MM move.HH Wolfbite

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hardy said:
DO YOU THINK THAT THE BABY SPOON MIGHT BE A GLIMPS IN TO YOUR FUTURE IN ABOUT 9 MONTHS ??? :o

If it is, I will know the kid isn't mine. I got that taken care of years ago. :o Now that you say that though, my wife keeps having the mailman join us for dinner for some reason? Hmmmmm. ;D
-MM-

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Ha Ha, I know how it is, they seem to swarm when they see you digging stuff. You have to be stern with them, if they insist on digging I stop detecting and move to a different part of the playground or go sit down for a while until they calm down or their parents call them off. I must admit, I have given some little kids pennies at different times. LOL ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

CLADiator attacked by 7 Dwarfs!!! '@@'

Ohh! Thats why my father went out early today! :o

Congrats! ;D

R

RUDY2003

Great story MM. Made me smile. You did pretty good with all the help anyway...
Keep safe...

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII

Only mad dogs and Englishmen and MM and I go out in the noon day sun. Yes we roamed around in the heat digging here and there, until we wound up at an old park far away from home.
I could see 20 children swarming around MM, then he pointed at me ( it looked like he said "ATTACK") and they all came charging. One little @*#! started bonking me on top of my headphones! :D Anyway. I did find an old copper bracelet with tiny elephants on the tips.
rooster.jpg
A fun but hot day!

Cheers!

Ridley

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dave that copper bracelet cleaned up nice.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread