? club claims worth the membership cost?

osirus

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Club claims are totally worth the money.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious, I have seen clubs offer land and time to detect, but is is worth the membership? how do most of your excursions pan out, do ya just know folks with land or hit national forests/ blm land after research, or do ya just take your toys out when camping?

If you live in a gold-bearing state, then heck yes!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ask Supafly123 if it is worth it. His first trip from Indiana to AZ got him $171 the first day. Minus $45 for one year's club fee... I'll bet he will tell you yes. (he's back and digging right now!). TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope supafly123 is saving some for me.

Here's a ?. Which would be better roadrunners or GPAA to start with as first club?
I've heard that Roadrunners is losing some claims, but don't know if they're picking up others. Don't know if it's "that" big a deal. The claims may not have been that good anyway, but who knows.
Part of my reluctance is the cost. Pretty steep. As to where the GPAA is cheaper, but I'm sure doesn't cover a lot of good claims. Don't know for sure because I haven't seen claims available to GPAA members in AZ.
Is there another group that's around that has access to the claims around congress, ash creek, etc. areas?

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GarretDiggingAz said:

Here's a ?. Which would be better roadrunners or GPAA to start with as first club?
I've heard that Roadrunners is losing some claims, but don't know if they're picking up others. Don't know if it's "that" big a deal. The claims may not have been that good anyway, but who knows.
Part of my reluctance is the cost. Pretty steep. As to where the GPAA is cheaper, but I'm sure doesn't cover a lot of good claims. Don't know for sure because I haven't seen claims available to GPAA members in AZ.
Is there another group that's around that has access to the claims around congress, ash creek, etc. areas?

I'm a GPAA member and they give you a book of all there claims country wide. I've seen a few in the AZ but I haven't done any prospecting there. It's not that expensive for a year cost for all the access to all the claims. I can't wait to go to all the claims in the book in Cal. Best of luck

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's great to have access to other claims across US, but sometimes I think it'd be better to get into a club that had access to certain claims that you know you'll hit. Plus a lot of the other clubs also have access. Like here in AZ, if GPAA only gets you towards as couple that are on or near our triangle that's good. The roadrunners I think had/have 200 claims , but another club might have access to higher producing claim. That also may be why they're higher priced. That's why I'm thinking about smaller club with cheaper fees that might have good areas.

mjarvis

Jan 4, 2013
Gold river
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter. Whites MXT, whites pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GarretDiggingAz said:
It's great to have access to other claims across US, but sometimes I think it'd be better to get into a club that had access to certain claims that you know you'll hit. Plus a lot of the other clubs also have access. Like here in AZ, if GPAA only gets you towards as couple that are on or near our triangle that's good. The roadrunners I think had/have 200 claims , but another club might have access to higher producing claim. That also may be why they're higher priced. That's why I'm thinking about smaller club with cheaper fees that might have good areas.

Ya. But you pay for what you get. If you know you will get a good return joining those other clubs and prospect a lot then it will pay for itself in a short period of time.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

All the big clubs are losing claims because of the new fee system. I am a member of GPAA (LDMA) and (in the Rich Hill area) Y-not and Weaver. To get the biggest bang for your buck would be a local club as you will rub shoulders with people that "been there done that". GPAA would be good but you must work harder at finding those that work the claims in your area. TTC

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,

The Y-not and Weaver clubs. That's mostly by you right? I think it's 35 to join either one right? I stumbled across them looking around there net wise. Who would I contact to join or get info?

Separate topic. How's your arm doing? I'm hoping to get up there in a couple weeks. At least if my ankle, dr., wife allow it. I've actually been out detecting with my space boot on. Just not hobbling around in the desert yet. Lol. PM me some open dates. It'll only be for a couple days. So I'm pretty much open except weekend.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

The Y-not and Weaver clubs. That's mostly by you right? I think it's 35 to join either one right? I stumbled across them looking around there net wise. Who would I contact to join or get info?

Separate topic. How's your arm doing? I'm hoping to get up there in a couple weeks. At least if my ankle, dr., wife allow it. I've actually been out detecting with my space boot on. Just not hobbling around in the desert yet. Lol. PM me some open dates. It'll only be for a couple days. So I'm pretty much open except weekend.
Yes, Y-not (Tom and Maggie) and Weaver (Julie) are around Rich Hill. Others are too. $45 I think a year. Others in the area are WEAVER MINING DISTRICT ASSOCIATION is on the web.... with phone. Julie will answer phone. I believe they are closed monday and Tuesday. They close up early.... 2 PM. AZ time.(mountain). I will PM tomorrow. Tnx. TTC
Try these....
Weaver 928-427-6344
Roadrunners 602-274-2521
Miner's Creek ?
Gold Rock Gem Adventures ?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Weaver is 50/year. I had fwd their form to me a couple months back and found it today. I'll call on Tuesday.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weaver is 50/year. I had fwd their form to me a couple months back and found it today. I'll call on Tuesday.
$50 would be a $5 increase since last year. TTC

OP
OP
O

osirus

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does anyone have info on local clubs in colorado? Im in denver, i got my gold bug II in the mail and set it up, now if the weather would warm up.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aside from the gold, the friendships and great info that you get from other club members can be priceless.

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As an current update on the 'Weaver mining district' club located in Congress,AZ.
Due to the greedy BLM fees, they raised their yearly membership dues to $50.00
This covers you 24/7, 365 days a year. they cut back a little on their claims,now
2120 acres total. Their hours at the office are 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Tuesday thru
Saturday. Closed Sunday & Monday. Julie is chairperson,now that I moved to NV.
Their Number- 928-427-6344 Yes, clubs are worth it! Everything in the Rich Hill
area is claimed up.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had just sent a message to weavers for a membership. Hopefully I'll here back soon. Hoping to get back there in a couple weeks.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread