Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my company sent me to the Bahamas this weekend...what a great time I had!
For the past moth I have been planning on bringing my machine for the trip.... so glad I did!

The advice given to me by Tnet member Fletch88 was spot on... I suppose in another thread I will divulge details on how I brought the machine with me...

So....onto the hunt.

Started in the water along one of the several beaches, a life guard with a smile tells me that a couple were hunting in the water all day last weekend, didn't know if they found anything...:BangHead: Almost no targets in he water, which was clear to start with, but then got cloudy with more people joining in... the deeper out into the lagoon, the rockier the bottom got, so I did the best I could for about 2 hours, only managed a junk earring in the water.

Got up on the sand, which had been raked in the morning, by now its all trampled by hundreds, maybe a thousand people.

I stuck out like a sore thumb, pulling a ton of clad, almost no trash, for another hour.
Curious as to why I found so much coins, as its a sea-pass/credit beach....no cash transactions at all.

So by about noon my wife wants to eat lunch, I call the obligatory "one more target" then I will take a break and join her.

A minute later I get the 51 - 52 signal.....steady, solid... I hadn't found any pull tabs, so I was happy to separate another nickel from the sand with my pro-pointerAT...

then I saw it...just a quick little flash... I knew what I had just seen.. I froze, looked up, and see a kid hovering over me...his Dad behind him....I grabbed a fistful of sand, confirmed my target was in my grip, and dropped it into my pouch....before they asked I said "another dime" and I stood up, saw my bride in the distance waiting impatiently for me, I got to hustling her way, my heart racing with a pride I had felt before, but this was different... this was going to justify trekking my machine around shuttles and customs etc...

So to make a long story even longer, it happens to be a small ring, with etching and a ring of small diamonds. I'll take it!!!:headbang:

Too small for my wife's fingers, but it makes a great toe ring!:laughing7:

Check out my wife's toes! IMG_0465.JPG

I tried to get more pics of the ring alone... but its hers now, ssooooo

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the fine gold find!
Loved the details!!
TFS and HH
-UP

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great story! Always tough with onlookers. Well played, sir, well played. :)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great post, BWD! And a beautiful gold ring find!

Congrats on finding that one; I like the style of the diamonds all around the ring.

Lorraine

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Congrats

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great find and story

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So last nite I was cleaning my gear, and counting up all the clad..
My total was $14.92..

and the kicker? a 1941 wheat!!!:headbang: sweet!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, even the cruise ship islands are getting hunted hard now...congrats on scratching out a gold.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find & an awesome story to go with it!
Made me smile and think of my wife, if she likes my jewelry "finds"
She wears them too and I am lucky to hold them long enough to examine them!

Was there any pattern to the dates of the clad coins? Dates that pre date the all inclusive beach area?

Always nice to find those Wheaties!

After this story, I am curious to hear how you managed to get your detector through the "check point Charlies"

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The advice given to me by Tnet member Fletch88 was spot on... I suppose in another thread I will divulge details on how I brought the machine with me...

GREAT FIND - I DIDNT THINK MD'S WERE AN ISSUE THERE? DID YOU HAVE POTENTIAL ISSUES?

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After this story, I am curious to hear how you managed to get your detector through the "check point Charlies"

So this is how I pulled it off..

My wife and I drove to Miami from Ft. Myers, just because I declined my company's offer to fly us there. There were no direct flights, the itinerary was to be fly from Ft. Myers to Atlanta to Miami...INSANE!!! I refused to lose sight of my gear.
We parked off site of the cruise line, and then took a shuttle to the ship. The AT Pro rode shotgun in my lap all the way.:laughing7: Once we got to the to the ship, the digital camo Garrett duffel bag looked like I was packing heat, but I didn't flinch as I loaded it onto the x-ray machine...similar to the airports. I joked "Your metal detector is detecting my metal detector!" My RTG scoop was in there also, I chose to leave the Lesche behind, on the advice of Fletch88. I carried my machine onto the ship, and toted it around until we were cleared to enter our rooms. Storing it there wasn't a problem, and then once we were on to CocoCay, the tendered trip to the island went smooth. No hassle at all from the Royal Caribbean staff, I would do it again for sure. The best part was other passengers comments, mostly curious and positive. A few folks lamented that they should've brought their detectors...

I didn't bring it to Nassau, as it wasn't in my wife's plans.... so there wasn't any interaction with Customs.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and as for the clad.. all recent drops, the wheatie was certainly a random find, nothing indicative of a virgin beach.

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done! Great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread