Coil Cover for 18 in Exclerator Coil

jetskier37

May 11, 2005
L

larsingle

I bought the MXT from Kellyco in 2006 and I am also trying to get a coil cover for the Excelerator 2-18" coil. Were you able to find out where you could buy one of these covers?
Thanks, [email protected]

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
don't bother with the coil cover. You'll get sand and stuff between it and the coil and it will play havoc with your signal (unless you clean it often).

Go to your local hardware store, and get some marine epoxy. Or you can hit your local auto parts store and get a spray on truck bed liner. Either one works well. Tape off the top of the coil (the parts you dont want covered), and spray on the liner, or put a thin coat of the epoxy on the bottom and sides (inside and out) of the coil. Apply 2 or 3 coats (allow for proper drying time), and you have a coil cover.

A lot of the beach hunters (me included) use this trick. The weight added by the covering is negligible, you'll never have to clean or remove the "cover", sand won't get in-between the coil and the cover... and it pretty much lasts forever. And if you do scratch it up... just repaint it.

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread