cdickrun64
Hero Member
- Joined
- Nov 12, 2009
- Messages
- 945
- Reaction score
- 724
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Upstate NY
- Detector(s) used
- My eyes
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Coin counter doesn't count halves!
So, I go to my local credit union here in Vestal, ny to cash in some loose coin...pennies and halves. I had about 5 bucks in pennies and 9 bucks in halves. The machine total was 5 bucks..? So I ask the teller "what happened to my halves?". She says "oh, that machine doesn't take halves". I replied "yes it does, it just doesn't count them!". Then she says "oh yeah, they end up in the quarters bag". I told her they should put up a sign telling people that the machine doesn't take halves, and she looks at me like I'm crazy. Meanwhile they are ripping people off. I went back a month later...still no sign....good job!!
So, I go to my local credit union here in Vestal, ny to cash in some loose coin...pennies and halves. I had about 5 bucks in pennies and 9 bucks in halves. The machine total was 5 bucks..? So I ask the teller "what happened to my halves?". She says "oh, that machine doesn't take halves". I replied "yes it does, it just doesn't count them!". Then she says "oh yeah, they end up in the quarters bag". I told her they should put up a sign telling people that the machine doesn't take halves, and she looks at me like I'm crazy. Meanwhile they are ripping people off. I went back a month later...still no sign....good job!!
Upvote
0
Along with some random change, I'd empty a jar of screws, washers, nails, nuts, bolts, paperclips (bent in all directions), metal shavings, rocks, dirt, and any other crap that I could think of into the machine. Hopefully it would break or at least jam a few times. If it didn't, I'd be back the next week with another mixed jar and after I'd gotten my receipt, I'd then "accidentally" knock the largest, stickiest drink that I could straight into that machine's hopper (probably one of those ridiculously large, gas station fountain drinks such as a 64 oz. Mt. Dew or Coke, hold the ice). "Gee, I'm really sorry about that Ma'am, by the way, here's my ticket for the change I deposited, could I get that in nickels please." 










