Coin counting incident at TD Bank

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went in around 3PM to my regular TD Bank Penny arcade to dump about 50 dollars of coins. As I was walking towards to arcade this stupid old cop working there walked into me. I didnt make eye contacts and continued towards the counter, this bank cop then leaned on the counter with back facing me. As I was pouring in the coins I kind of banged and shaked the metal bin to make sure the coins went in, when I was done I lifted the bin to check the magnets to see any coins stuck there and possibly some foreign coins. He saw me doing this and told me to "put the bin down and Im not supposed touch the bin." I told him I was checking to see whether my coins got stuck, he pointed me towards the tellers and said, "talk to the tellers". (tellers are apathic in this branch). What an asshole. >:( >:(

has anyone have this happen? How do you deal with it? The banker there was very nice last time but he was not in today. ( I didnt see his face on the floor).

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he's just doing his job, be friendly to cops, its ok to make eye contact and say, "hello, how's your day going?" you'd be surprised how effective it is!

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Something I like about Canada is, at least in my city and a few other cities, we don't have cops or guards in our banks.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
I always say hello to the people in the bank. Tellers , guards and managers. As far as taking out the bin and looking for coins , that I wouldnt do. Most of the coins that stick to the magnet are junk any way, and to bring attention to your self by taking the bin out could cost you a dump bank. The best way is not to stick out of the crowd, just dump and run. HH and good luck.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ahsq said:
this stupid old cop working there walked into me.
I am sure he was not a cop. Real cops have much better things to do than lean on coin counters and wait for you to do something. He probably wanted to be a cop and couldn't pass the interview or got washed out in the academy.

Did he look like this guy???
mall-cop.png

or this guy? Hint: I am am the skinny one. Boy that is an old pic.
FCSD.jpg

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
Yeah if he was a cop he would have a gun. Did he? I know my local bank has had cops in there on detail because alot of them keep getting robbed. Also if he was a cop I don't think he would be leaning on the counter. I know the one over here he just stands there and doesn't seem very comfortable.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
To be honest, I'd see if the tellers would let you search for coins, just see if you can get one on your side, a hired "mercenary" is going to default to the people that actually run the bank (the tellers) unless someone higher up tells him (such as a manager or loan officer).

I find it weird that banks would be against searching through the reject tray, most banks view them as little more than trash.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
you must live in a bad area, no cops in my banks in my area!
You must live in the sticks or something. There are guards at every bank in the tri-county area down here. I got one that harrasses me every time I go in about removing my hat. I take it off then I put it back on, pi$$es him off. It's bank policy he says, if you don't keep it off I have to stand here with you until your done, I say, then do your job. Nothing like having your own personal armed guard while standing in line at the bank! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: This has been going on for a couple years now. ::)

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
BuffaloBoy said:
You must live in the sticks or something. There are guards at every bank in the tri-county area down here. I got one that harrasses me every time I go in about removing my hat. I take it off then I put it back on, pi$$es him off. It's bank policy he says, if you don't keep it off I have to stand here with you until your done, I say, then do your job. Nothing like having your own personal armed guard while standing in line at the bank! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: This has been going on for a couple years now. ::)
things must be different down south , my area does not have many bad people in it, a safer place to locate banks.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuffaloBoy said:
diggummup said:
BuffaloBoy said:
things must be different down south , my area does not have many bad people in it, a safer place to locate banks.
Yeah, it really is a 3rd world country down here. God I gotta get out of this place. :laughing7:

OP
OP
GEOFF

GEOFF

Aug 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a real cop, I saw his gun and badge.

Actually the entire branch tellers and manager (1 of them tellers) is a bunch of apathic women. They care less about me. A smile goes a long way, blehhhh they are stone cold biatches... no smile, just dead faces.

ughhh this TD bank branch really blows. >:(

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
The more banks you go into the more you will find assholes.

Myself, I ignore it. But you could try and fight with kindness, free candy and smiles.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
I would have said " Thats odd it was a teller who showed me how to do it " then i would have asked him if he works for the bank. Needless to say i check the magnet at every TD i go to tho i am discreet about it.

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always say hello to all the tellers when I walk in. When one of them says welcome to---- may I help you? I say "I don't know, are you a psychiatrist?" or "My friends tell me I'm beyond help." Making them smile goes along way to reaching your goal. If there are three or four women behind the counter I'll inform them that they're in violation of county code (make up a bunch of numbers and dashes etc.) and wait for one of them to ask what code is that? I'll tell them that there's to much beauty in one spot and that they need to hire a couple of ugly guys to work the counter. Smile, be happy and act like you belong there, it goes a long way. If they act beyotchy smile and thank them then make sure you dump all you're searched coin on them!!

dossier

Aug 23, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
BuffaloBoy said:

A lot of banks have very strict policies about covering parts of your face or head. If they ask you to take off your hat you better take them seriously. I feel like a thief every time I walk in with a box full of halves ready to dump. For all they know I could have a handgun in there. But I make sure to never wear a hood/hat or sunglasses.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a recent road trip with a lot of walking from bank to bank, my backpack had gotten pretty heavy. By one of the last banks, I could tell that the greeter was slightly suspicious of me because of my heavy-looking backpack. (I probably had about $300 in halves by that point.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread