What's new

Coin Help!!!

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
I had found a Busted Drape, large cent last week, but this coin is smaller and has a different head. I have an image of them both side by side so you can see the difference in shape. The image looks like a male. The reverse looks like there is an inside edge on the flat. Anyone have any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0755.webp
    IMG_0755.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_0754.webp
    IMG_0754.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0756.webp
    IMG_0756.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0757.webp
    IMG_0757.webp
    38.5 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0758.webp
    IMG_0758.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0759.webp
    IMG_0759.webp
    32.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0760.webp
    IMG_0760.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0761.webp
    IMG_0761.webp
    34.7 KB · Views: 250
George I halfpenny
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
King George I Halfpenny

Damn I forgot the King bit :wink: :D Plus its British.
 
Upvote 0
Thank you Crusader and Don. :hello2:
I scrolled thru the examples Don, but couldn't find the same image. :icon_scratch: any suggestions?
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Thank you Crusader and Don. :hello2:
I scrolled thru the examples Don, but couldn't find the same image. :icon_scratch: any suggestions?

There are several King George I Halfpenny and Farthings there, but you can also look at:

http://www.coins.nd.edu/ColCoin/ColCoinText/Br-Copper.2.html

It appears to be a later version, not an early one like this one, I would post one of my 1720's KGI but no photo on easy access file at the moment, so here is a 1717 one..........

Here is the later version which matches yours I believe.
 

Attachments

  • 1717KGI.webp
    1717KGI.webp
    122 KB · Views: 242
  • 1717KGI.webp
    1717KGI.webp
    122 KB · Views: 238
  • 1723 KGI Halfpenny.webp
    1723 KGI Halfpenny.webp
    38 KB · Views: 237
Upvote 0
Thats it Don!!! :hello2: You have the game ball on this one. :icon_thumleft:
Do you think the one I have is the same date?
Thanks again all.
 
Upvote 0
Garabaldi said:
Thats it Don!!! :hello2: You have the game ball on this one. :icon_thumleft:
Do you think the one I have is the same date?
Thanks again all.

No way of seeing or getting an exact date of this one.
Don, was pointing out its a later type ie. between 1719-24
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for the hand compliment H-4, however I must confess they are my stunt double hand modelers hands. These are my real hands. :-[
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0762.webp
    IMG_0762.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0763.webp
    IMG_0763.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0764.webp
    IMG_0764.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom