timekiller
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2009
- Messages
- 3,853
- Reaction score
- 966
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Morehead City / Newport NC
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IS for staying with this and trying to help me out.IronSpike said:Maybe a counterfit of Maximiliano
I think the design fits well also considering it's a rather worn coinHowever I'm not a coin/token/medal expert.
Added: The Danish silver is awesome![]()

Thanks for your thoughts.Tobias said:It is indeed a papal medal, commemorating a coronation. Pope on one side and on the other side the pope seated and flanked by two prelates who are crowning him with the mitre. The general idea can be seen here: http://www.mcsearch.info/record.html?id=322403
I don't know which specific pope this is, but considering the other coins you found close by, a date in the 1700's might be reasonable.
Thanks for the help Matt,DCMatt said:I don't have an answer yet but maybe a clue. Is this similar to the back of your mystery coin?
This is a 1707 medal to commemorate the union of England and Scotland. As you can see it has Queen Anne on the front but she is facing the wrong direction.
Still looking...
DCMatt
The front reminds me of this some what.S.Vincenzo Di Paolo

Thanks for looking,but it's a George I, halfpenny.Digs2much said:The Coin on the upper right looks like a GeorgeIII Half Penny to me....?
Thanks for your thought's.DevilDog812 said:


Best I can do for ya right now.Bramblefind said:Pete - is there any way you could get more pics of the coin/medal in question? Maybe closer up and on its own....
I would so love to see this one get solved!![]()
Do your thing!

O'where.....O'where..... is Bramblefind? Why did she leave me here all aloneBramblefind said:Pete - is there any way you could get more pics of the coin/medal in question? Maybe closer up and on its own....
I would so love to see this one get solved!![]()
I've searched the word over thought I'd found the answer..... But she left me hanging and now I don't know!!!

Thanks Dano,Dano Sverige said:Seems to be wearing a cap. Maybe Columbus, Marco Polo, or a pope? The figure to the left of the emblem seems to be just that...a figure. The stance is like someone kicking a soccer ball. Can't guess the right side.
(Not read the whole thread, so if anyone's already said any of this...sorry.)
