timekiller
Silver Member
- Joined
- Feb 10, 2009
- Messages
- 3,853
- Reaction score
- 966
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Morehead City / Newport NC
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab E-Trac
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting


Not sure buddy,as that is about what I see when looking at it.Maybe lion(long tail) just a guess.IronSpike said:What animals are depicted in the shield?
Have fun hunting the river![]()
I've got some catching up this year!

Thanks Cru,You had suggested that back when it was posted.CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I can't seem to find that coin anywhere. I wonder if it is a medal rather than a coin...
P.S.--that Danish 2 skilling silver is in Great shape!![]()
agreed, not a coin but a medallion or token
Timekiller said:Thanks Cru,You had suggested that back when it was posted.CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I can't seem to find that coin anywhere. I wonder if it is a medal rather than a coin...
P.S.--that Danish 2 skilling silver is in Great shape!![]()
agreed, not a coin but a medallion or tokenDo you have somewhere for me to start mabe from the designs on it.Does it ring a bell compared to other types of designs?Just asking I'll do the work tring to figure it out.But I've tried looking it up and not sure were to even start!
![]()
Thanks again,I'll try some more after I get cleaned up and eat!CRUSADER said:Timekiller said:Thanks Cru,You had suggested that back when it was posted.CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I can't seem to find that coin anywhere. I wonder if it is a medal rather than a coin...
P.S.--that Danish 2 skilling silver is in Great shape!![]()
agreed, not a coin but a medallion or tokenDo you have somewhere for me to start mabe from the designs on it.Does it ring a bell compared to other types of designs?Just asking I'll do the work tring to figure it out.But I've tried looking it up and not sure were to even start!
![]()
The head, rings a bell, not sure if its a Pope or famous person in History, if Token similar to 1790s type, if medallion more likely 19th C.
As its you, I just checked page by page (560 pages) British 18th C Tokens. My thought of Pope, may not be far of, as the head gear looks to be of a Cardinal, & the the rev is similar to many british City Coat of Arms. But can't get a match in the book & without any letters, you need an expert who see's so many they will instantly reconsize. Based on what I saw, I lean toward 18th C Token, good luck.Timekiller said:Thanks again,I'll try some more after I get cleaned up and eat!CRUSADER said:Timekiller said:Thanks Cru,You had suggested that back when it was posted.CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I can't seem to find that coin anywhere. I wonder if it is a medal rather than a coin...
P.S.--that Danish 2 skilling silver is in Great shape!![]()
agreed, not a coin but a medallion or tokenDo you have somewhere for me to start mabe from the designs on it.Does it ring a bell compared to other types of designs?Just asking I'll do the work tring to figure it out.But I've tried looking it up and not sure were to even start!
![]()
The head, rings a bell, not sure if its a Pope or famous person in History, if Token similar to 1790s type, if medallion more likely 19th C.![]()
Yea before this post I probably looked at that many different coins on the web.But was only seeing some things that weren't quite the design.I'll take your lead now and see what turns up.CRUSADER said:As its you, I just checked page by page (560 pages) British 18th C Tokens. My thought of Pope, may not be far of, as the head gear looks to be of a Cardinal, & the the rev is similar to many british City Coat of Arms. But can't get a match in the book & without any letters, you need an expert who see's so many they will instantly reconsize. Based on what I saw, I lean toward 18th C Token, good luck.Timekiller said:Thanks again,I'll try some more after I get cleaned up and eat!CRUSADER said:Timekiller said:Thanks Cru,You had suggested that back when it was posted.CRUSADER said:BuckleBoy said:I can't seem to find that coin anywhere. I wonder if it is a medal rather than a coin...
P.S.--that Danish 2 skilling silver is in Great shape!![]()
agreed, not a coin but a medallion or tokenDo you have somewhere for me to start mabe from the designs on it.Does it ring a bell compared to other types of designs?Just asking I'll do the work tring to figure it out.But I've tried looking it up and not sure were to even start!
![]()
The head, rings a bell, not sure if its a Pope or famous person in History, if Token similar to 1790s type, if medallion more likely 19th C.![]()


Thanks to you to there Lucas!Lucas said:Cardinals' coats of arms always have the cardinal's broad brimmed hat as a crest, so that's out. Papal arms always have the beehive mitre, which this seems to have, but papal arms also always have crossed keys as supporters, which this does not. It is however very unusual to have a human and a animal as supporters, so that will help confim any IDs. Sorry that's all I have.![]()

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/20tudoryears/05TudorHistory/Wolsley/Wolsly.htmlLucas said:Cardinals' coats of arms always have the cardinal's broad brimmed hat as a crest, so that's out. Papal arms always have the beehive mitre, which this seems to have, but papal arms also always have crossed keys as supporters, which this does not. It is however very unusual to have a human and a animal as supporters, so that will help confim any IDs. Sorry that's all I have.![]()

Timekiller said:I don't know what it is.I see tring to go with the coat of arms is tough to many look a like for me.The guy's head is tough to.I might just have to let it be.But thanks for the info ALL .![]()
Ps. I looked last night so long till I was seeing SPOT's & Croaker's.![]()
![]()
So writing yes,there is, but not sure of any of it.
No really! 