What's new

CoinRollHunting - New Videos on YouTube!!!

Recovering Relics

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody! I got interested in coin roll hunting and I will be making some videos soon! I have a video up already of some wheat pennies I found going through my change! I also found some other cool coins! Go check the video out! If you have a YouTube, subscribe please!

CHANNEL: http://www.youtube.com/user/CoinRollHunting

VIDEO:
 
Upvote 0
I just started doing this and I would like it if you guys went a little easier on me. I don't want to give up CRHing before I even start.
 
The message that we're trying to convey here is, CRH all you want, just don't publicize your finds on something like youtube. It will only get more people into CRHing which in turn means less old coins for you. Yes, it is a very selfish hobby :dontknow:
 
I liked the video especially the preventive medical advice. Bacteria from coins can be dangerous !

Last year I was going through several thousand halves. My hands, and fingers in particular, were covered in black bacteria laden grime. I made a mental note to wash my hands after searching.
While still in the process of checking out the coins,my son ScoobaSteve came over with a box of Col.Sanders chicken,and offered me a piece. Normally I don't eat this stuff as it is greasy,but the aroma overpowered me,and I ate a couple of wings. The chicken was very tasty,in fact it was "finger lickin good". Without thinking, and in a primitive manor, I licked the grease, herbs, and spices from each of my digits. After checking my fingers to ensure that I did not leave a morsel,I noticed that my fingers were no longer blackened from the coins. Then the horror hit me like a shockwave. I had just ingested the black soot from the coins. My mind was racing what would I catch? Cholera, TB, the Bubonic Plague? :dontknow:
It wouldn't take long to find out.
Minutes later I started feeling weak and dizzy. My vision started to blur. The next thing I remember was hitting the floor. My whole body was paralyzed.The only movement I was capable of was eye movement.
My son asked me if I was feeling alright? I moved my eyes from left to right indicating that I was indeed feeling under the weather. He then asked if I wanted to go to the hospital, and I moved my eyes up and down in the affirmative. Then he asked if he could keep the silver on the table ? My eyes bugged out :o.
The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital with an IV in my arm.
The doctor came in an informed me that I had contracted Franklinitus Coinitosis. A life threatening disease,which is rare among the general population, but common with people that handle a large amount of coins.
The doctor went on to say that I was fortunate to be living in a part of the Country where CRHing is common, and that the area hospitals have a ready supply of anti-toxin available.
I was lucky, and made a speedy recovery,just in time to pick up my next order of halves.
From then on while coin searching I always wore latex medical gloves while coin searching, and remember to keep them on while eating :laughing7:
HH
Rich
 
Ratattack hit the nail on the head. Several folks on this forum have CRH'd for a long, long time. I am not one of those; but I respect the "laws" so to speak.

Thousands (if not more) watch youtube. It's not that we don't appreciate your efforts and excitement, it's just that the competition is stiff as it is.

Many here will give you great advice; place your videos here for us to enjoy. Placing them outside the forum will let folks think you are really not into CRHing and simply put, it's like snubbing your nose at us. Of course you had no idea the affect--so, my advice is to make "good" and let everyone on board know.

Just something to ponder on.

apush :read2:
 
what did you pour the coins on? :o you need to wash it. but anyways you can CRH but no need to put videos on youtube, no money to be made...
 
Im proof that advertising what you do means you will get less. After learning about this gr8 hobby i went out and found a decent amount. The more you peeps advertise the less you will get. I didnt listen to rule number 1 and now i got competition and dumps in previous banks that had silver so in a nut shell... IF YOU WANT TO FIND LESS KEEPERS FEEL FREE TO TELL THE WORLD. If you want to find more keepers keep it down. Regardless of each peeps views of right and wrong numbers dont lie or have opinions. More competition = less coins ,........... less copmetition = more coins.
 
d2arcing said:
what did you pour the coins on? :o you need to wash it. but anyways you can CRH but no need to put videos on youtube, no money to be made...

A towell and it is in the wash right now.
 
RR,
I was just joking around in my first post.
I think it's great that a young man gets involved in the wholesome hobby of coin collecting/ CRHing.
You made some interesting finds in your coin jar and did a great job with the video.
There are plenty of old coins to be found out there,and I encourage you to pursue your quest to find them.
There is nothing wrong with posting a video and it is not going to dry up the supply of coins in my opinion.
Good job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
We don't want you to lose interest in the hobby. And nobody wants you to stop making videos either, as that is a hobby as well. Apparently your video was about old coins found the the change you gathered over a period of time. Are there any videos on Youtube about the history of the Lincoln penny? That would be a good one to make. Alot of people don't know about the new reverse yet. Alot of people don't realize that there were 4 different reverses last year. Then as your collection grows you could make videos about older cents and other coins. You might even be able to use these for a history class project or something.

I wonder how many people have seen me leaving a bank with a couple of money bags, and have asked the teller "What is he gonna do with all that?" I bet it is several. And I bet the response is "He's looking for old coins." Does that inspire them to do it? I doubt it.

Hey, here is another video you can make. Have someone walk out of a bank holding a money bag in each hand. Have them stop, crouch down just a little, look up and down the street real fast and then run to their car. As they take off have several people come out of the bank and point at the car. Then zoom in on the license plate and have a sign there that says "Gotch ya". Call it "Bank robbery caught on tape."

That is how I feel when I pick up my coins. Have fun.
 
Rich Hartford said:
RR,
I was just joking around in my first post.
I think it's great that a young man gets involved in the wholesome hobby of coin collecting/ CRHing.
You made some interesting finds in your coin jar and did a great job with the video.
There are plenty of old coins to be found out there,and I encourage you to pursue your quest to find them.
There is nothing wrong with posting a video and it is not going to dry up the supply of coins in my opinion.
Good job :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich

Thank you very much Rich. I really appreciate your comment. Good luck!
 
dave5710 said:
We don't want you to lose interest in the hobby. And nobody wants you to stop making videos either, as that is a hobby as well. Apparently your video was about old coins found the the change you gathered over a period of time. Are there any videos on Youtube about the history of the Lincoln penny? That would be a good one to make. Alot of people don't know about the new reverse yet. Alot of people don't realize that there were 4 different reverses last year. Then as your collection grows you could make videos about older cents and other coins. You might even be able to use these for a history class project or something.

I wonder how many people have seen me leaving a bank with a couple of money bags, and have asked the teller "What is he gonna do with all that?" I bet it is several. And I bet the response is "He's looking for old coins." Does that inspire them to do it? I doubt it.

Hey, here is another video you can make. Have someone walk out of a bank holding a money bag in each hand. Have them stop, crouch down just a little, look up and down the street real fast and then run to their car. As they take off have several people come out of the bank and point at the car. Then zoom in on the license plate and have a sign there that says "Gotch ya". Call it "Bank robbery caught on tape."

That is how I feel when I pick up my coins. Have fun.

Thank you. Thanks for the tips and I might do what you said about the history of the penny! Good luck and HH!
 
I watched the complete video and I think it was pretty well done for one so young.

The video I watched was 3:46 long and no where in there was anything said about going to a bank and getting rolls, boxes or bags of coins (or did I miss that part?). It only spoke of searching accumulated pocked change that was stored in a jar.

In my opinion, I think it may help our hobby a bit. I mean almost everyone I know keeps a jar of coins in their home, and if a few people that watch the video decide to get the jar out and look for wheaties, good for them. There just might be a chance that they would decide to take the rest of the coins to the local bank or coinstar machine and dump them so that we who know about the rarer mint issues have a better chance to find them. Maybe the average person might keep the Bicentennials and dump the rest, to me that is a win-win situation. All-in-all, I guess I do not see this video as something hurtful to the CRH hobby.

Welcome to the hobby RR.
 
I was really going to keep my nose out of this topic but I just can't resist. I agree with Scott (above). There was no mention of going to a bank and getting rolls. If people want to look for coins so be it. Isn't there already books on this hobby in every major bookstore in the U.S. in the hobby section? Is there not at least one article on CRH or pocketchange published every year in the majority of the coin magazines? I believe that CRH are a rare breed. If people want to try it because it looks easy, go right ahead. You all know how much time and energy can be spent just to find one measly 40%er. The chances are they will quit in the first month. I have a brother-in-law who did just this. He didn't find anything the first time and just quit. Face it, most people in America are two lazy to do this hobby. :P
 
Ryan,
I echo what a number of your friends here at T-Net have said, you have done a very good job with the video. I encourage you to post it to You-Tube. As a number of folks have noted, you did not violate any of the coin role hunting rules -- you certainly didn't give away any trade secrets.
I congratulate you on your video.
My best wishes to you for a rich future in this hobby!
Steve
 
coincrazed said:
PLEASE, DO NOT POST COIN ROLL HUNTING VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE. This is outrageous. I do not know how old you are, but this is something a 4 or 5 year old would dream up. What do you hope to gain by posting a blooming video about Coin Roll Hunting on Youtube? How could you? Have you no respect for this hobby? Please re-consider. - sincerely, coincrazed

In my opinion your acting like a 4 or 5 year old. It is a youtube video not the end of the world.
 
Scott (Mich) said:
I watched the complete video and I think it was pretty well done for one so young.

The video I watched was 3:46 long and no where in there was anything said about going to a bank and getting rolls, boxes or bags of coins (or did I miss that part?). It only spoke of searching accumulated pocked change that was stored in a jar.

In my opinion, I think it may help our hobby a bit. I mean almost everyone I know keeps a jar of coins in their home, and if a few people that watch the video decide to get the jar out and look for wheaties, good for them. There just might be a chance that they would decide to take the rest of the coins to the local bank or coinstar machine and dump them so that we who know about the rarer mint issues have a better chance to find them. Maybe the average person might keep the Bicentennials and dump the rest, to me that is a win-win situation. All-in-all, I guess I do not see this video as something hurtful to the CRH hobby.

Welcome to the hobby RR.


Thankyou very much. I look forward to searching my penny box and I will post a recap here on TNet and nowhere else. Good luck!
 
silvereagle78 said:
I was really going to keep my nose out of this topic but I just can't resist. I agree with Scott (above). There was no mention of going to a bank and getting rolls. If people want to look for coins so be it. Isn't there already books on this hobby in every major bookstore in the U.S. in the hobby section? Is there not at least one article on CRH or pocketchange published every year in the majority of the coin magazines? I believe that CRH are a rare breed. If people want to try it because it looks easy, go right ahead. You all know how much time and energy can be spent just to find one measly 40%er. The chances are they will quit in the first month. I have a brother-in-law who did just this. He didn't find anything the first time and just quit. Face it, most people in America are two lazy to do this hobby. :P

Thank you! I am getting a cent box this week and I will post a recap here on TNet and here on TNet only! Good luck!
 
Ok. This is me putting my foot in my mouth. I will admit I jumped the gun. I saw the You tube video title and assumed that you went into detail on Coin Roll Hunting. That just goes to show you that one should never assume anything because it ends up making an arse out of u and me. You know that old saying. It would have paid off to at least watch the video. My sincere appologies. I do not agree with You tube videos explaining in detail what we do but since yours does not fall under that category I do not see any harm. Again my appologies and I hope I and others did not scare you away from the hobbie or the forum. Take care and happy hunting.

Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Ok. This is me putting my foot in my mouth. I will admit I jumped the gun. I saw the You tube video title and assumed that you went into detail on Coin Roll Hunting. That just goes to show you that one should never assume anything because it ends up making an arse out of u and me. You know that old saying. It would have paid off to at least watch the video. My sincere appologies. I do not agree with You tube videos explaining in detail what we do but since yours does not fall under that category I do not see any harm. Again my appologies and I hope I and others did not scare you away from the hobbie or the forum. Take care and happy hunting.

Golden Silver

No problem GS! You didn't know, so it's ok. I'm pretty sure everyone just assumed it was a CRH video, but that's fine, as long as everyone knows now that it isn't. Thanks and good luck!
 
late to the thread....and have to say, the vid's about pennies...frankly we could multiply the copper/wheat horders by 10-fold and not put a dent in the keeper population out in the wild, there are Billions and Billions (as Sagan would say) of pennies out there!!!

If anything if it becomes a craze we could get more amateur Ryedale inventors out there... it will help the hobby.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom