Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,953
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting out some this Fall, and digging enough to have a shot at something with a bit of wow factor... but it's just not happening and I have yet to have a day where I got home and was inspired to post. I wasn't able to prepare much for this Fall so that is no doubt a contributing factor, but as i said still digging enough, just not getting over the right one. Ironhorse and I have about three weeks to go so maybe I'll put in some thinking and research time to get the job done... or keep doing what we're doing (hunted fields, but plowed and in good digging condition) and hope to get lucky!
These are the better finds over my last several hunts. The keeper in the group here for me is the part of the gold marked cufflink as it breaks a decade long slump for finding gold. I'll never reject a Rev War button despite the condition, (3rd American - New York Volunteers), nor will I an 1812 Royal Regiment of Artillery that I have found before... or an early to mid. 18th century French buckle... even if bent, or a common copper in nice condition, or Colonial buttons that shine even if they are not military. Yeah you know it is pretty good stuff, so my lack of posting is probably just a result of what has been going on in life... and the truth of the matter is I need detecting way more right now than I need great finds. But I'll still take the big one if it comes along!
These are the better finds over my last several hunts. The keeper in the group here for me is the part of the gold marked cufflink as it breaks a decade long slump for finding gold. I'll never reject a Rev War button despite the condition, (3rd American - New York Volunteers), nor will I an 1812 Royal Regiment of Artillery that I have found before... or an early to mid. 18th century French buckle... even if bent, or a common copper in nice condition, or Colonial buttons that shine even if they are not military. Yeah you know it is pretty good stuff, so my lack of posting is probably just a result of what has been going on in life... and the truth of the matter is I need detecting way more right now than I need great finds. But I'll still take the big one if it comes along!

Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
78
Looks like you're getting the coil over some great stuff and congrats on breaking the decade long gold slump. I have about 8 years of serious detecting, over the course of about 20 years and I was goldless until this summer, when my nephew was visiting and I took him to an elementary school to dig clad... a gold ring turned up! ha Gold sure is elusive for relic hunters, unless you chance upon a piece here and there. How old do you think your link is?








