Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been getting out some this Fall, and digging enough to have a shot at something with a bit of wow factor... but it's just not happening and I have yet to have a day where I got home and was inspired to post. I wasn't able to prepare much for this Fall so that is no doubt a contributing factor, but as i said still digging enough, just not getting over the right one. Ironhorse and I have about three weeks to go so maybe I'll put in some thinking and research time to get the job done... or keep doing what we're doing (hunted fields, but plowed and in good digging condition) and hope to get lucky!

These are the better finds over my last several hunts. The keeper in the group here for me is the part of the gold marked cufflink as it breaks a decade long slump for finding gold. I'll never reject a Rev War button despite the condition, (3rd American - New York Volunteers), nor will I an 1812 Royal Regiment of Artillery that I have found before... or an early to mid. 18th century French buckle... even if bent, or a common copper in nice condition, or Colonial buttons that shine even if they are not military. Yeah you know it is pretty good stuff, so my lack of posting is probably just a result of what has been going on in life... and the truth of the matter is I need detecting way more right now than I need great finds. But I'll still take the big one if it comes along! :tongue3:

Attachments

• 104.jpg
    104.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 117
  • 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 106.jpg
    106.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Upvote 39

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent wrap up of your last few hunts man :occasion14: Looks like you're getting the coil over some great stuff and congrats on breaking the decade long gold slump. I have about 8 years of serious detecting, over the course of about 20 years and I was goldless until this summer, when my nephew was visiting and I took him to an elementary school to dig clad... a gold ring turned up! ha Gold sure is elusive for relic hunters, unless you chance upon a piece here and there. How old do you think your link is?

Looking forward to your next post IP and goodluck getting that "wow" find.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a beautiful cufflink IP! Nice set of finds. I recently found a Un Sou Montreal Token up in Maine with Abe. Yours looks much much much better. Great 1812 button as well. Keep killing it bud!

Steve

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those finds buddy. That gold link is killer and I'd kill to find a damn Rev War button. Hope getting out is therapeutic for you and helps with whatever you're dealing with. It always makes me feel better whether I find good stuff or not. Take care buddy

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent wrap up of your last few hunts man :occasion14: Looks like you're getting the coil over some great stuff and congrats on breaking the decade long gold slump. I have about 8 years of serious detecting, over the course of about 20 years and I was goldless until this summer, when my nephew was visiting and I took him to an elementary school to dig clad... a gold ring turned up! ha Gold sure is elusive for relic hunters, unless you chance upon a piece here and there. How old do you think your link is?

Looking forward to your next post IP and goodluck getting that "wow" find.

Not sure exactly how old, but the site was settled in 1772 and seems like it was abandoned by 1820.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you did very well in the last few hunts! :occasion14:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds:-) I know how you feel, if you notice I haven't posted lately, the last month finds have been sparse for me, perhaps if I group them together and make a post it would look good.

But those finds of yours are great! Congrats on the gold!
Keep on diggin!!!

Last edited:

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aside from a couple rose gold rings, which I don't consider to be gold, I'm in the same slump that you were in. I would be over the moon to find a rev war button and your run-of-the-mill buttons are better than any I've found this year so I think your past few hunts are light years ahead of anything I've dug lately. Getting out and digging is the key so it looks like you're well on your way to find some greatness.

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All killer finds in my books...I love the gold link (AWESOME) but you turned me into a Rev War man...I hope you kill it before the big freeze but and yes detecting soothes the soul!!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Great looking bunch of finds!
You know the numbers are not kind to us lately; other than a smidge of decent keepers, it's been hard
I'm still thinking were just about to get to the best place this year

Appalachianman76

Aug 22, 2016
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds are killer! A gold day is a great day! Love those buttons!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one of those finds would be a home run for me! Any time I can get a rev war button I'm floating for at least a week!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, I recognize that 1812 Royal Regiment of Artillery button, I've seen it somewhere before! :laughing7:

Congrats on the gold cuff-link and that beautiful Un Sou Lower Canada Half too! :thumbsup:

Dave

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering when you'd post.
All good stuff.
I to am quite pleased to get a "common copper in nice condition" esp. one I haven't found before, like last Thursday.

EDIT I wouldn't reject a numbered pewter either.

Last edited:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you posted, always a wow factor that is instructional to boot. Hope your flight takes you through this turbulence quickly.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you didn't get hit by a big truck, hope your life smooths out for you. I love all those finds you have posted, it's a very pretty bunch. In case you didn't know, GOLD is my favorite, old GOLD is the best!
Congrats on some great finds.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly looks like you're still turning up some really nice things. It's difficult when life gets
in the way. Kinda hard to be inspired to post, especially without some great, (in one's own mind),
find. I have Blingie & Fishy to keep me entertained. LOL After all, not much of what I post could be
considered inspiring. ;)

I do have a button in my last post that's puzzling me, but that's not difficult to do either. ;)

Keep the faith brother! :icon_thumright:

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IP--love it all! Those flat buttons are especially nice. Congrats! -Lisa & John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread