What's new

Colonial Big Silver.

artyfacts

Bronze Member
Joined
May 1, 2010
Messages
1,183
Reaction score
1,355
Golden Thread
3
Location
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a combination of a bunch of hunts. This is just some of the finds. The big cut 1784, 8 reale was from yesterdays hunt on a new 50 acre field. A 1740s 1/2 reale was also found with lots of smalls. The little figurine was a surprise, when I cleaned the dirt off and realized that the end was near, I had a great laugh. This little novelty had to of created lots of giggles. The story as to how I received permission to hunt the 50 acres was pure luck. I was hunting with SouthJerseyJim in the fields I found three years ago. Since the deep turning of the fields many buttons and Jim's first gold coin was found. Jim was leaving early that day and we headed for the trucks. After saying are goodbys Jim pulled away and I was staying for a few more hours of hunting. I replenished my water and closed my truck door. That is when I realized I just locked myself out. After cursing out loud at myself I called Jim up and he returned with a hanger and after a little work the door was opened and he was on his way. I started for the top of the field and was about a 150 yards away from my truck when I noticed a police car pulled behind my truck. I turned off my detector and started walking back to the truck. Half way there another police car pulls up behind my truck. Right about then I was like oh crap is my truck illegally parked. When I got closer I noticed the one officer had a jimmy in his hand to open my truck. I thanked them and informed them that we had opened the door. That is when all the questions started and after showing them different styles of buttons and watch winders they were very intrigued, I figured what the heck and asked if they knew of any properties that I could possibly hunt. The officer said he had fifty acres and a neighbor with 40 acres that I could hunt. Then he went on and gave me the number and name of another farmer with 300 acres. It just so happens there were 6 homesteads in the early 1800s and most likely earlier, 1720s and up on those empty fields. I purchased two pints of shucked oysters for both farmers. I met the officer at his farm early in the morning and it was a beautiful farm. I do have to say he turned out to be the nicest family farmer guy. I will be heading back after the weekend. Still waiting for my first colonial gold.
 

Attachments

  • all.webp
    all.webp
    50.9 KB · Views: 298
  • top.webp
    top.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 290
  • middle.webp
    middle.webp
    90.5 KB · Views: 310
  • bottom.webp
    bottom.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 8 1.webp
    8 1.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 8 2.webp
    8 2.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 261
  • the end.webp
    the end.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Upvote 58
Wow those are amazing field finds. Looks like you have some great permissions. I would die if I found all that in just a few hunts.

Congrats and thanks for posting
 
man look at that pile of colonial loot!, super jealous of your great finds!, that cut 8 reale is a stunner

congrats!
 
Nice assortment! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Wow nice collection of stuff
 
That's a nice looking pile of goods bud. But I really love that big old hunk of Spanish
 
Great Digs, I love the Big Spanish cut silver, CONGRATS :thumbsup:
 
Those pictures almost leave me speechless. What a wonderful variety of finds, amazing!
 
im happy when i find 1 cool find a day lol...jeez
 
MAN, YOU HAVE SOME GREAT HUNTIN SPOTS THERE!!!! SUPER FINDS :occasion14:
 
Wow you have been holding out on us Art! And you have plenty of new sites to hunt. You're sitting pretty right now my friend! I like the cut half 8R. I found one once and it's one of my favorites.
 
Nice digs. That's a bunch of nice hunts you had.
 
Very nice congrats. Seated coins and cut Spanish... WOW. GL&HH.
 
DANG IT MAN.

My Envy is out of control .

If I found all that in a few hunts , I'd likely hunt until I dropped Dead, Soo many targets.
 
God I hate those cops that kick you on to great sites.
 
One of these days I am going to figure out what I am doing wrong . How and the heck do you all find these sites to hunt . What a heaping pile of relics and assorted to boot,, and I keep saying one of these days just one of these days .vazutphen. Really nice finds.
 
That site is loaded with lots of great finds! Awesome variety of finds, nice amount of coins!
 
Man i cant even look at that pile of stuff without wiping off the drool. There is some REALLY old stuff in there.
 
That site is loaded with lots of great finds! Awesome variety of finds, nice amount of coins!

Gets a person fired up enough to melt snow! (or close anyway)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom