What's new

Colonial buckle or...

Kingrich

Full Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2015
Messages
176
Reaction score
410
Golden Thread
0
Location
RI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Makro racer2
Garrett ATpro
FisherF2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this recently in an old field near some colonial walls. I’m pretty sure it’s a buckle but is it colonial? What type of buckle is it? There isn’t any markings on it that I can see. I’ve never dug one like it so I figured maybe you guys could give me some ideas. Thanks ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522025957.031029.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522025970.681667.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522025982.763798.webp
 
Anyone??
 
Upvote 0
I'm no expert but I don't think it's colonial... Nice buckle though
 
Upvote 0
I'm no expert but I don't think it's colonial... Nice buckle though

Agreed. Just by looks you can tell it's newer....how new I can't say.

Personally I've also never seen a buckle like that. Hopefully someone can chime in and confirm the ID.
 
Upvote 0
I've never seen a buckle quite like that but I'd confidently say it is post civil war a guess somewhere around turn of century through WWI.
 
Upvote 0
rich
The way the hook is that would make it "Picture" and not "Landscape" like most buckles IMO... if it is a plate/buckle ...may help to ID it .
Nice find you live in an area where it could be Colonial !
Nicely rounded corners, very interesting piece,but i can`t ID it .
Could we see a better pic of the front ?
Gary
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom